Small business is the heart of the Ontario economy. From Ajax to Kitchener, from to Toronto to Windsor, small business owners are the driving force behind the province of Ontario. These facts recently compiled by the Ontario Chamber of Commerce speak for themselves:
- “Small businesses are the backbone of the Ontario economy, making important contributions to local communities across the province
- There are over 400,000 small businesses in Ontario, providing important jobs and livelihoods for many Ontarians
- Small businesses make up 98% of all Ontario businesses and 30% of Ontario’s provincial GDP
- Small businesses employ over 3,000,000 Ontarians and two-thirds of all private sector workers in Ontario”1
If you own or manage a small business in Ontario you likely wear many different hats. From the front lines to the behind-the-scene workings, managing tactical details while keeping your eye on the bigger picture is always on your mind.
Above all, you are constantly juggling details. This is why when it comes to insuring your small Ontario business, working with small business experts is so important.
About Small Business Insurance Ontario
|Click Here To Get A Small Business Insurance Ontario Quote|
Call us toll free at 1-866-287-0448
There are lots to know about small business insurance Ontario and when searching “about small business insurance Ontario” in Google, Bing or any other search directory you likely won’t get the results and answers you are looking for as large insurance companies spend millions buying up keywords for products and topics that they don’t offer or really know much about. Thankfully there are trusted sources of information for terms like about small business insurance Ontario and others and the expert insurance brokers at the commercial insurance brokerage ALIGNED Insurance. The insurance brokers at ALIGNED Insurance special in business insurance and know a lot about small business insurance Ontario as they serve the entire province from the Toronto and Waterloo (national operations centre) locations.
What Is There To Know About Small Business Insurance Ontario?
Having a good understanding of the marketplace you are buying from is important as information is power when it comes to purchasing decisions, negotiating, etc. and there some things about small business insurance Ontario that are good for everyone to know.
- Ontario is the largest P&C insurance marketplace in Canada
- Nearly 25% of insurance premiums nationally are from Ontario auto insurance which is over $10 Billion dollars annually
- Ontario has more P&C insurance head offices than all other provinces combined
- Whether it’s personal or business auto insurance Ontario auto insurance is a no-fault system which basically means each insurance pays for the physical damage to their own vehicle only.
- The average Ontario insurance brokerage is roughly 70-80% personal lines and with exception of ALIGNED Insurance very few are 100% business insurance-focused
- Due to its size and significance, the Ontario insurance marketplace is incredibly competitive and there are thousands of insurance brokerages and tens of thousands of licensed insurance brokers in Ontario. However, none are the same and none are created equal so please take the time to evaluate the broker and brokerage you decide to work with to ensure they are the best fit for you and your organization. Click here to learn more about ALIGNED Insurance and what makes them different from other insurance brokerages.
Need a quote for an Ontario small business insurance?
Get yours started now.
Want insurance insights that are specific to small businesses?
It’s important to understand your business insurance. The Ontario insurance marketplace is always changing and evolving. And as a small business owner, you can’t always keep on top of the newest coverages. This is why we regularly publish informative articles about small business insurance on our blog. Below, please find two examples of articles you may find helpful.
Some small business owners decide against acquiring commercial general liability insurance because they have a home insurance policy. In some cases, home insurance can cover some of the liability associated with running a small business if your insurance company has confirmed this to you in writing.
However, most personal insurance companies explicitly exclude any sort of business liability – in fact, if a client visits your home and becomes hurt or has their property damaged, your Ontario small business may not be covered in the event that client files suit. Keep reading “Why does my small business need general liability insurance?”
Also known as errors and omissions, professional liability insurance is designed to protects your Ontario small business in the event that a customer feels your company has failed to properly render professional services.
For example, if your customer files suit arguing a strategy you developed and recommended harmed their business, professional liability insurance could help court and/or settlement costs. Professional liability insurance is particularly useful for organizations that provide services such as law, accounting, consulting, real estate, and financial advisory firms. Keep reading “What is small business insurance?”
We understand the nuances of commercial insurance coverages and can help you make informed decisions about your small business insurance options. Bookmark our insurance info blog to keep current with Ontario and Canadian insurance insights.
9 Tips | Insights for buying or renewing small business insurance in Ontario
Last but not least, whether you are renewing coverage or buying insurance for the first time, these 9 small business insurance tips from the Insurance Bureau of Canada can help you focus on what’s most important.
- “Speak to an insurance professional about the specific insurance needs of your business.
- Shop around to find the right policy to fit your unique needs.
- Review your policy at least once a year.
- Understand your policy. Know what your policy covers and your policy’s limits and deductibles. If you have questions, contact your insurance representative.
- Make sure your policy’s limits are appropriate. Check to see if you have the right amount of coverage for what you own and operate.
- Look into purchasing liability insurance. If someone were to slip and fall on your premises, you’d want to be sure you had adequate liability coverage.
- Ensure that you have appropriate auto insurance coverage. A personal auto insurance policy will not cover commercial use of a vehicle.
- Look for ways to lower your premiums. Some insurers offer discounts if you take actions to reduce risk. Ask your insurance representative about what you can do to lower your premiums.
- Consider errors and omissions coverage. If you are offering advice to clients, you will want to make sure you are covered if your advice goes awry.”2
Our National Operations Centre is based in Cambridge, Ontario and across the country, we support the needs of hundreds of small business owners.
Talk to one of our small business insurance experts today to get the best coverage options lined up for your Ontario business.
DYK? We’re a small business too!
Like so many other Ontario small businesses, ALIGNED Insurance is built on an entrepreneurial dream. To learn more about how we began and where we are headed, we invite you to read Our Story.
We believe that aligning insurance experts to business needs is one of the most important things we do to support our clients throughout the province of Ontario.
Through our operations headquarters in Cambridge, Ontario and locations in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver, we support more than 1,600 clients across this country.
Here’s what some of our clients have to say about us…
Our team of experienced small business insurance brokers are experts in helping with all types of liability insurance products for small business and any other type of insurance that’s needed. Here’s what a few people have to say about why they choose to work with an ALIGNED Insurance broker.
“The ALIGNED team was great to work with! Easy communication, quick results and a great price on what we needed for insurance. Highly recommended!”Excerpts from: 5 Star Reviews: What people have to say about ALIGNED Insurance and More Google reviews about ALIGNED Insurance
“Super helpful people just to get a quote over the phone. Helped me a lot with my project and potential start up.”
“Could not help directly with our insurance needs but gave us a great referral and follow up. Would recommend!”
“I’ve worked with a number of Insurance Brokers in the past 10 years and ALIGNED has surpassed them all. They are knowledgeable, friendly and a great asset to have in your corner.”
Need small business insurance in Ontario?
You have landed on the right page. We’ve built our website with the specific questions that small business owners ask us the most in mind. Day in and day out, we are answering questions from Ontario small business owners.
So to help you get the answers you seek – and connect directly with the insurance products most needed by small businesses – we created a specific section on our website that’s 100% dedicated to small business insurance.
Check out these products that are built for small business:
- Auto Insurance for small business
- Credit Insurance for small business
- Cyber Liability Insurance for small business
- Directors and Officers Insurance for small business
- Employee Theft Insurance for small business
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance for small business
- General Liability Insurance for small business
- Property Insurance for small business
- Umbrella Liability Insurance for small business
We’re here to help you find the BEST commercial insurance…
Our team of insurance brokers is available to help answer any and all questions you might have about all of our commercial insurance products. If you have a question about business insurance, are uncertain about what a particular coverage term means, or simply want to find commercial insurance that directly aligns with your needs, don’t hesitate to call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448.
It’s time to get your insurance aligned. Want Canadian business insurance that’s ALIGNED with your bottom line? We can help. 365. Call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448.
We’re ALIGNED across Canada. The ALIGNED Insurance National Operations Centre in Cambridge, Ontario supports our Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver offices. We’re proud our industry peers consistently recognize ALIGNED Insurance as one of the best insurance teams in the country. We are also very proud to be one of the fastest growing insurance brokerages in Canada.
We deliver e-news you can use. Get practical business insurance insights in your inbox. 12,000+ people subscribe to our free ALIGNMENT Matters e-news. Just click the JOIN OUR DISTRIBUTION LIST button – at the bottom of our homepage – to connect and learn more about us.
365 | Get ALIGNED. Every day, Canadian business leaders follow our insurance insights via @ALIGNEDonRisk, on Facebook, LinkedIn and watch our YouTube videos here!