Equipment Breakdown Insurance
|Need a equipment breakdown insurance quote? Call us toll free at 1-866-287-0448 &/or visit our Get A Quote page.
Think about the impact on your business if your equipment fails.
Immediately, your operations are interrupted. How will you deliver your orders? If you don’t have backup equipment, you may need to find alternate facilities or rent equipment, which will increase your costs. What if customers can’t wait? Orders may be cancelled, which means you will suffer loss of revenue, and possible damage to your reputation. Personal injury could also result.
A typical commercial property policy does not cover loss or damage caused by:
- Electrical arcing
- Mechanical breakdown, and
- Explosion of boilers and pressure vessels
Equipment breakdown insurance covers the sudden and accidental, physical damage to equipment that requires its repair or replacement. It applies to equipment in the following categories:
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Boiler and Pressure Vessel –
- Computer and Communications
- Renewable and Alternative Energy
- Production Systems
Equipment Breakdown Insurance Real Canadian Loss Examples
- Arcing caused a power outage to 80% of a shopping mall for 5 days. Losses exceeded $230,000.
- The rupture of a pipe from the condensing unit of a meat store’s walk-in freezer caused refrigerant to escape and temperature to rise to 10 degrees Celsius. Total losses exceeded $23,000, which included over $22,000 in spoilage.
- The hot water tank at a laundromat experienced over-pressure due to control failure and exploded. The tank was blown 20 feet from its installed location, knocking down walls and ceiling tiles, and damaging washers and dryers. Two people were injured. Losses, which included $30,000 property damage, totalled $55,000.
To learn more about ALIGNED, our commitment to providing insurance expertise and the best insurance products or solutions, talk to one of our advocates today. We can help you secure the best products, services and solutions for your business.
|ALIGNED Across Canada 100% Canadian owned, ALIGNED is a premiere insurance brokerage that serves more than 1,400 clients across the country. ALIGNED’s offices in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver are supported by a national operations centre in Cambridge, Ontario. Uniquely within the industry, ALIGNED creates, negotiates and delivers the best business insurance and risk management strategies/solutions to organizations like yours.|