Get Small Business Property Insurance Quotes + Brokers
Small Business Property Insurance Insight | Plan An Annual Inventory
Are you aware that a standard property policy can provide coverage for extended perils? This can include floods, windstorms, hail, earthquakes, acts of terrorism, explosion, riots, smoke, civil commotions as well as vehicles that damage your small business property.
In fact, basic small business property insurance can cover losses due to fire or lightning, including the cost of removing property as a way to protect it from further damage. Beyond extended perils, you can include vandalism and malicious mischief among your small business property coverages.
Replacement Cost Value vs. Actual Cost Value For Small Business Property Insurance
A typical small business property insurance policy will provide the replacement cost value for your building and the actual cash value for your business property.
- Actual cost value is the value of your small business property when it is damaged or destroyed. This amount is typically determined by subtracting the depreciation from the replacement cost value.
- Replacement cost value is the amount that is necessary to replace or rebuild your small business building or repair damages with similar materials, without considering depreciation.
[DYK?] The coinsurance clause in your small business property insurance requires you, the policyholder, to share the cost of covered services up to a moderate percentage of the actual cash value of the property. This will allow you to receive full coverage for your losses. Without adequate coverage, you may be obligated to pay a percentage of all losses, even if they are listed in the policy.
Types Of Small Business Property You May Need To Insure
Taking an annual inventory of your small business property insurance requirements can help to ensure your coverage is aligned with your current needs. Property that you may want to consider includes:
- Buildings and other structures (leased or owned)
- Business contingency for suppliers
- Electronic data processing equipment (computers, etc.)
- Extra expenses as a result of loss
- Furniture, equipment and supplies
- Intangible property (goodwill, trademarks, etc.)
- Leasehold improvements and betterments you made to a rented premise
- Mobile property (construction equipment, etc.)
- Money and securities
- Ordinary payroll
- Property in transit
- Records of accounts receivable
- Valued documents, books and papers
- Satellite dishes
- Signs, fences and other outdoor property not directly attached to the building
- Valued documents, books and papers
ALIGNED Small Business Property Insurance | 1-866-287-0448
Across Canada, our small business insurance brokers can help ensure you have the best small business insurance, including property liability coverage. Talk to us about the best property liability insurance solutions.
We can help you get quotes for small business property insurance today. 100% Canadian owned, we serve more than 1,600 clients across the country through offices in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver and a National Operations Centre in Cambridge, Ontario.
We’re here to help you find the BEST commercial insurance…
Our team of insurance brokers is available to help answer any and all questions you might have about all of our commercial insurance products. If you have a question about business insurance, are uncertain about what a particular insurance coverage term means, or simply want to find commercial insurance that directly aligns with your needs, don’t hesitate to call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448.
It’s time to get insurance value and choice aligned. Want Canadian business insurance that aligns with your bottom line? We can help. 365. Call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448 or click to Get a Quote!
We’re ALIGNED across Canada. The ALIGNED Insurance National Operations Centre in Cambridge, Ontario supports our Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver offices. Our industry peers consistently recognize us as one of Canada’s best insurance teams. 100% Canadian owned, we are super proud to be one of the fastest growing insurance brokerages in the country.
We deliver e-news you can use. Get practical business insurance insights in your inbox every month. 19,000+ people subscribe to our free ALIGNMENT Matters e-news. Just click the JOIN OUR DISTRIBUTION LIST button – at the bottom of our homepage – to get connected.
365 | Get ALIGNED. Every day, Canadian business leaders read our insurance insights. Find us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.