Get Small Business General Liability Insurance Brokers + Quotes Online
Small Business General Liability Insurance Insight | Aka CGL Liability
Bodily injury and property damage related to your small business premises, operations, products, completed operations as well as advertising and personal injury liability can occur when you least expect it. In fact, small business general liability insurance is specifically designed to provide protection against liability claims for bodily injury and property damage related to your premises, operations, products, completed operations as well as advertising and personal injury liability.
Here are just a few examples of small business general liability insurance claims situations:
- A customer with mobility challenges slips in your retail store and fractures their femur bone.
- A construction worker accidentally damages the building next-door to the one they are contracted to work on.
- A licensed plumber installs a water tank that leaks and damages the contents of a neighbouring room.
Not So Small – The Many Risks Of General Liability
Common law establishes that all business owners including small business owners owe a duty of care to the public. This is the case in all Canadian provinces except Quebec. Unfortunately, accidents can and do happen to small business and injured parties or people may in turn allege that:
- A duty of care was owed
- That duty of care was breached
- Damages and/or injuries were incurred
Should one or more of the above situations apply, people, parties and/or their lawyers may allege that a small business was negligent and is thus responsible for compensating them for their damages.
[Did you know?] Personal injury lawyers often work on what’s known as a contingent basis. This means that the injured party pays nothing up front to the lawyer. Should the injured party receive an award or settlement from the small business that is alleged to be at fault, the personal injury lawyer then receives payment.
Small Business General Liability Insurance – 5 Common Coverages
- Bodily Injury To Third Parties – This includes bodily harm, sickness, or disease, including resulting death that results from the operations of your small business.
- Completed Operations – Work of the insured small business that has been completed as called for in a contract, or work completed at a single job site under a contract involving multiple job sites, or work that has been put to its intended use.
- Property Damage To Third Parties – This includes damage caused to the property of others.
- Products Liability – The liability for bodily injury or property damage incurred by a small business merchant or manufacturer as a consequence of some defect in the product sold or manufactured.
- Tenants Legal Liability – A small business tenant accepts responsibility for damage they may cause to the building which they rent or lease from a landlord.
ALIGNED Small Business General Liability Insurance | 1-866-287-0448
Across Canada, our small business insurance brokers can help ensure you have the best small business insurance, including general liability coverage. Talk to us about the best general liability insurance solutions.
We can help you get quotes for small business general liability insurance today. 100% Canadian owned, we serve more than 1,600 clients across the country through offices in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver and a National Operations Centre in Cambridge, Ontario.
It’s time to get insurance value and choice aligned. Want Canadian business insurance that aligns with your bottom line? We can help. 365. Call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448 or click to Get a Quote!
We’re ALIGNED across Canada. The ALIGNED Insurance National Operations Centre in Cambridge, Ontario supports our Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver offices. Our industry peers consistently recognize us as one of Canada’s best insurance teams. 100% Canadian owned, we are super proud to be one of the fastest growing insurance brokerages in the country.
We deliver e-news you can use. Get practical business insurance insights in your inbox every month. 19,000+ people subscribe to our free ALIGNMENT Matters e-news. Just click the JOIN OUR DISTRIBUTION LIST button – at the bottom of our homepage – to get connected.
365 | Get ALIGNED. Every day, Canadian business leaders read our insurance insights. Find us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.