Potential Claims Scenarios Facing Stadiums
For indoor and outdoor stadiums, hockey arenas, concert venues and other related facilities, your goal is to host sold-out events and packed houses every night. But the higher your success, the higher your exposures and potential liability.
The commercial insurance specialists at ALIGNED can provide you with the comprehensive coverage of a stadium insurance plan tailored to your unique risks and designed to respond efficiently and effectively to your claims.
These are just a few examples of the loss and potential liability scenarios facing stadiums:
- A guest slips on a slippery surface and falls down the stairs at your stadium, suffering multiple injuries and an extended stay in the hospital.
- A hailstorm causes significant damage to your stadium’s playing surface, digital scoreboard or roof.
- A rooftop HVAC unit is damaged in an electrical storm, forcing you to close until repairs are completed and lose revenue.
- An intoxicated fan that was served alcohol at your stadium drives home and is involved in an accident that causes thousands of dollars in property damage.
- Hot dogs served at your concession stand cause food poisoning for several guests.
- A gun scare during a concert causes concertgoers to be trampled and crushed against exits that were improperly barricaded to prevent people from sneaking in.
As a stadium operator, you’re all too aware that the costs of legitimate and frivolous claims add up quickly and that having the right liability coverage is vital for protecting your operations from being overwhelmed by lawyer’s fees, settlement costs and potential awards for damages.
Common Business Insurance Coverages for Stadiums
Below are some of the coverages that can be customized to meet your stadium’s insurance needs:
Commercial General Liability Insurance – provides coverage for medical expenses, property damage costs, lawyer’s fees, settlements and awards for damages for claims alleging personal injury, property damage, false advertising and libel or slander.
Liquor liability insurance can be added to your stadium’s CGL policy to protect you from legal liability for the actions of an intoxicated guest.
Property Insurance – we can provide specialty property insurance designed specifically for the large-scale risks faced by stadium operators.
Property insurance coverage for your stadium can also include Business Interruption Coverage for income lost following an insured peril and Extra Expense Insurance to cover the cost in dollars in losses of relocating and operating a temporary venue.
Other optimum insurance coverages your stadium may need:
Get ALIGNED with an insurance company that specializes in commercial insurance.
Commercial insurance is all we do. When you choose ALIGNED you get an expert in risk management for stadiums, auditoriums, coliseums and theatres and an advocate representing your interests. We work with Canada’s top insurance providers to get your stadium responsive coverage at the best possible rates.