For pet therapists, educating pet owners and treating animals who can cause harm to themselves and others comes with responsibilities and expectations of their service. Whether you provide physical rehabilitation, emotional therapy or both, your pet therapy business faces several risks that could lead to injury, property damage and possibly litigation. Insurance coverages for pet therapy businesses can help protect you from being overwhelmed by the costs to defend a lawsuit, pay for medical expenses and/or repair damaged property.
Typical Risks Faced by Pet Training Businesses
Treating aggressive pet behaviour, anxiety, depression and injuries or illnesses with therapies such as massage, vibration, colour therapy, etc., leaves you exposed to several business liability risk scenarios including:
- A pet you are rehabbing following a broken leg reaggravates the injury during a hydrotherapy session.
- A dog undergoing therapy for aggression attacks a visitor to your property.
- A client ignores your recommendations for changes at home that are needed for their pet’s care and then claims that your therapy doesn’t work and threatens legal action.
The last example is a reminder that you could be sued even if you’ve done nothing wrong. Pet therapist business insurance can protect you from actual liability and frivolous lawsuits, giving you the resources you need to protect your practice.
Protect Your Pet Therapy Practice with Insurance for Pet Therapy Businesses
Our comprehensive insurance policy for pet therapy businesses can cover the costs of:
- emergency vet bills and medical expenses
- property damage caused by you or the pets under your care
- legal expenses and lawyer’s fees for lawsuits served against you
- out-of-court settlements
- awards for damages
We customize our pet therapy business insurance packages so you get exactly the coverages you need without being over- or underinsured.
Insurance for Pet Therapy Businesses
Below are a few of the standard coverages that can be included in a pet business insurance package:
- Errors and Omissions (E&O) / Professional Liability Insurance
- Commercial General Liability Insurance
- Property Insurance or Tenant Legal Liability Insurance
- Commercial Auto Insurance
- Insurance For Pet Stores In Canada
- Insurance For Pet Products In Canada
- Pet Product Liability Insurance In Canada
- Best Insurance For Pet Sitters In Canada
- Insurance for Pet Care Professionals
- Pet Boarding Insurance
Find out how much Pet Therapy Business Insurance will be for your practice in Canada
If you’re ready to get a free quote on pet therapist business insurance, simply fill out the application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for a quick reply. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the application.
With ALIGNED, You Get the Right Pet Therapist Insurance for your Business
When you choose ALIGNED, you get commercial insurance specialists who know exactly how much coverage your pet therapy practice needs. We work with Canada’s top insurance companies to get you comprehensive pet therapist business insurance at rates you can afford. Contact us if you have questions about the right pet therapist business insurance plan for you.
It’s time to get insurance value and choice aligned. Want Canadian business insurance that aligns with your bottom line? We can help. 365. Call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448 or click to Get a Quote!
We’re ALIGNED across Canada. The ALIGNED Insurance National Operations Centre in Cambridge, Ontario supports our Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver offices. Our industry peers consistently recognize us as one of Canada’s best insurance teams. 100% Canadian owned, we are super proud to be one of the fastest growing insurance brokerages in the country.
We deliver e-news you can use. Get practical business insurance insights in your inbox every month. 19,000+ people subscribe to our free ALIGNMENT Matters e-news. Just click the JOIN OUR DISTRIBUTION LIST button – at the bottom of our homepage – to get connected.
365 | Get ALIGNED. Every day, Canadian business leaders read our insurance insights. Find us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.