Want to buy ONLINE Commercial insurance now?
Click HERE to get coverage now!
Safe harbour. That’s what boat owners and marina operators expect from you. The risks and dangers of running a marina are many. From storms to fires to spills, our marina insurance packages can provide the lifeline your marina needs to get it safely through troubled waters.
Risk Management for Marinas
The following precautions can help minimize the risks faced by your marina:
- Reduce the risk of damage to your marina from natural disasters by ensuring that it is built, renovated and serviced by contractors who specialize in marina construction
- Ensure that contractors and subcontractors are insured and that your marina is listed as an additional insured on their policy
- Perform regular inspections on your marina’s planks, signs, electrical cords, power terminals, water pressure, cranes, forklifts, etc.
- Reduce the risk of fire with safe storage and reduction of flammable materials such as fibreglass, wood, rubber, kerosine, gas, oil, diesel, etc.
- Use fire prevention protocols and equipment such as fire alarms, detectors, and extinguishers, smoke detectors, sprinkler systems, in indoor boat storage facilities
- Use up-to-date surveillance and security systems throughout the marina
- Enforce strict policies and procedures regarding refuelling and proper waste management of cleaners, oil, gas, diesel, stormwater runoff and other liquids that can pollute your marina’s waters
Of course, having and maintaining the right insurance is a crucial component of your marina’s risk management strategy.
Marina Insurance Coverages
Commercial General Liability Insurance – can provide coverage for lawyer’s fees, out-of-court settlements and awards for damages if your marina is sued for personal injury like a slip and fall, damage to third party property, false advertising and/or libel and slander.
Pollution Liability Insurance – this is a vital coverage for marinas and can cover cleanup costs, fines and legal fees related to pollution liability.
Property Insurance – is another fundamental coverage for marinas and can provide coverage for buildings, docks, boats in storage, etc., in case of fires, floods, windstorms and other perils.
Business Interruption – if your marina suffers damage from a peril named in your property insurance policy, business interruption insurance can reimburse you for business income lost while your marina is closed for repairs.
Hull & Machinery Insurance & Protection and indemnity Insurance – provides coverage for damage and legal liability if your marina’s boats and barges and non-owned boats are involved in collisions in the water or with an installation like a dock or pier and can protect you from legal liability if one of your boats or barges is involved in a collision that results in bodily injury or death.
- Ocean Marine Insurance Explained
- P&I Insurance: Marine Insurance Explained
- Inland Marine Insurance Coverage: An Introduction
- What is Inland Marine Insurance?
- Inland Marine Insurance Explained
- Marine Cargo Insurance & Ocean Transit Insurance Quotes + Brokers
- Hull and Machinery Insurance Explained
- Passenger Ship Marine Insurance
- What You Should Know About Ocean Marine Liability Insurance
- What You Need To Know About Cargo Insurance
Don’t let a single incident wash away your life’s work, ALIGN yourself with commercial insurance specialists
Commercial insurance is all we do. When you choose ALIGNED, you get an advocate working with Canada’s top insurance companies to get you comprehensive marina insurance that covers your commercial liability and business risks at competitive rates.
The commercial insurance specialists at ALIGNED can save you time, money and the hassle of shopping around for the right marina insurance at the best rates. Contact an ALIGNED advocate to get a free quote on marina insurance in minutes or get started right away by using our free online tool.
We’re here to help you find the BEST commercial insurance…
Our team of insurance brokers is available to help answer any and all questions you might have about all of our commercial insurance products. If you have a question about business insurance, are uncertain about what a particular insurance coverage term means, or simply want to find commercial insurance that directly aligns with your needs, don’t hesitate to call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448.
It’s time to get insurance value and choice aligned. Want Canadian business insurance that aligns with your bottom line? We can help. 365. Call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448 or click to Get a Quote!
We’re ALIGNED across Canada. The ALIGNED Insurance National Operations Centre in Cambridge, Ontario supports our Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver offices. Our industry peers consistently recognize us as one of Canada’s best insurance teams. 100% Canadian owned, we are super proud to be one of the fastest growing insurance brokerages in the country.
We deliver e-news you can use. Get practical business insurance insights in your inbox every month. 19,000+ people subscribe to our free ALIGNMENT Matters e-news. Just click the JOIN OUR DISTRIBUTION LIST button – at the bottom of our homepage – to get connected.
365 | Get ALIGNED. Every day, Canadian business leaders read our insurance insights. Find us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.