Potential Liability Exposures for Fire Sprinkler Contractors
As a fire safety, plumbing and electrical, construction, loss-prevention and risk management professionals, you are all too familiar with mitigating risks and minimizing losses. Our fire sprinkler contractor insurance packages can do the same for you and your company.
From fabricating and welding pipes and sprinkler heads, to the actual installation of fire suppression systems, to testing, maintenance and repair, your team is constantly exposed to liability risks.
Why do fire sprinkler contractors need insurance?
Here are some possible scenarios where fire sprinkler contractors insurance could protect you:
- A fire is started, or an explosion occurs while welding or fabricating pipes
- An employee or resident trips over tools or equipment left on the floor by one of your team and is injured
- A water line is struck causing flooding and/or water damage to walls or computer/electrical equipment
- Foam, carbon dioxide or dry chemical is accidentally released necessitating an evacuation and cleanup
- You forget to submit blueprints, or an install is otherwise delayed, resulting in losses for your commercial, industrial or residential client
- A system is improperly installed (e.g. too much water pressure or a pipe is not properly connected) causing property damage or injury
- After a system has been installed, a pipe bursts, the system mistakenly deploys or fails to perform
- Tools or equipment are left unattended at a job site and go missing
- One of your vehicles is involved in a motor vehicle collision on the way to or from a job site
- A client slips and falls on the floor of your shop or is otherwise injured on your property
A fire sprinkler system contractor insurance package put together by our ALIGNED commercial insurance specialists is designed to protect you from situations like the ones above and more while meeting your fire contracting company’s specific needs.
What type of insurance do fire sprinkler contractors need?
These are some of the coverages that can be included in your fire sprinkler contractor insurance package, each coverage can be tailored to the limits that make sense for you:
Commercial General Liability Insurance which offers legal expense coverage for lawsuits alleging personal injury, property damage, libel & slander and false advertising. Those expenses can include defence costs, settlements and awards for damages.
Property Insurance protects your building and contents in case of perils such as fires, floods, bad weather incidents, etc., and can also include floater coverage for tools and equipment in transit or on the job site. You may also need to include Business Interruption insurance to replace income lost to an insured peril and Extra Expense coverage for the costs to set up a temporary location.
Commercial Auto Insurance / Commercial Vehicle Insurance provides mandatory liability coverage for your work vehicles that are used to transport and store materials, tools & equipment.
Professional liability insurance if sprinkler/fire suppression system design is within the scope of services you provide.
Does fire sprinkler contractor insurance include construction bonds?
We also provide construction bonds for your fire sprinkler contracting business to bid on bigger and public contracts. For more information, visit our Types Of Commercial Surety Bonds In Canada page.
Don’t let your fire contracting business go up in flames, let ALIGNED get you the protection you need
When you choose ALIGNED, you get a commercial insurance specialist advocating on your behalf with Canada’s top insurance companies to get you comprehensive fire sprinkling system contractor insurance that covers your liability risks at affordable rates. Contact an ALIGNED advocate to get a free quote on fire sprinkler contractor policy in minutes or get started right now by using our free online tool.