Risk Management for Paintball Businesses
What started as a game to settle an argument in 1981 New Hampshire has grown into a full-fledged sport creating clubs, associations, leagues and tournaments worldwide. Your paintball company provides fun, exercise and stress relief for thousands of people every year. Paintball company insurance can cover your liabilities so you can focus on providing your clients with the best possible paintball experience.
Some of the steps your paintball company can take to reduce your liability exposures include:
- Having waivers drafted by a lawyer who specializes in paintball games and recreational liability
- Restrict participation to people over a certain age and have parents sign consent forms and waivers for anyone under 18 years of age
- Enforce strict safety rules regarding proper paintball attire that make goggles, face shields, padded vests and proper footwear mandatory
- Have first aid stations available throughout the paintball facility and ensure staff are licensed and properly trained in CPR and first aid
- Store carbon dioxide canisters in a cool location, out of direct sunlight
- Use chronometers to ensure players’ rifle velocities do not exceed 300ft per second
Commercial General Liability Coverage Insurance for Paintball Company
A CGL insurance policy specifically designed for paintball company can provide paintball insurance for lawyer’s fees, defence costs, out-of-court settlements and awards for damages for lawsuits initiated by someone who claims that they were injured (including bodily injury or personal accident) at your paintball, arena, facility or field.
A CGL policy for your paintball company can also provide paintball insurance for lawsuits alleging property damage, costs, false advertising and libel/slander.
On a related note, ALIGNED also provides per-event liability coverage (including liquor liability) for banquets, award ceremonies, fundraisers, tournaments, and any other event held by your paintball company whether it takes place in your paintball arena or elsewhere.
Other Paintball Company Insurance Coverages
Factors that Affect Paintball Company Insurance Rates
Every paintball business is different so there isn’t a standard rate but some of the factors that are used to determine your paintball company’s insurance rates include:
- Location and type of paintball arena, field, or paintball facility used
- Approximate number of participants per year
- Projected annual revenue
- Number of years in operation/experience
- Your paintball business’s claims history
- Age of participants
- Safety precautions, waivers, security, risk reduction measures
- Whether you sell concessions and if so, what type
- Design, area and features of the playing paintball arena area
- How Much Is Insurance For A Paintball Facility In Canada?
- Insurance For Pet Products In Canada
- How To Get Liability Insurance For A Small Business In Canada
- How Much Is Liability Insurance For A Small Business In Canada?
- Get Insurance For My Bookkeeping Business In Canada
- Insurance For Florists In Canada
- Baby Product Liability Insurance In Canada
- How Much Does Insurance Cost For A Small Business?
- Small Business Insurance: Getting the Right Type For You
Don’t get bruised by paintball company insurance that doesn’t provide complete coverage
Commercial insurance for businesses is all we do. When you choose ALIGNED, you get an advocate working with Canada’s top insurance companies to get you comprehensive insurance that covers your liability and business risks at competitive rates. The commercial insurance specialists at ALIGNED can save you time, money and the hassle of shopping around for the right paintball company insurance at the best rates. Contact an ALIGNED advocate to get a free quote on paintball company insurance in minutes or get started right away by using our free online tool.