Inland Marine Insurance Canada
This insurance policy was designed for ocean marine industry to protect against property losses before, during and after water transfers. Throughout time, the non-ocean marine part of the cargo journey developed, cargoes were transferred to barge, and thus, the term “inland marine insurance” was coined. The policy became known as “floaters” because the property covered was originally “floating” in the ocean.
Inland Marine Insurance Coverage
This inland marine coverage can provide protection to fill gaps in Commercial Property Insurance or to reach specific limits of coverage.
Inland Marine Insurance may be better suited than traditional property insurance to provide coverage for some or all of the following:
- Expensive musical instruments used at a school
- Camera equipment used by a government agency
- A neon sign not attached to a business’s building, but owned by the business
- Construction contractor’s mobile equipment that leaves the company’s property
- Antiques, paintings, statues and fine art
- Items that “float” from location to location
- Items used for sales presentations that are taken to prospective clients’ offices
- Regularly shipped and/or delivered goods
Inland Marine Insurance Considerations
Inland Marine Insurance can provide specific inline marine coverage by industry to protect against a wide array of exposures. For instance:
- Builder’s Risk
- Contractor’s Equipment
- Rigger’s Liability
For Technology and Communication
- Cable Television
- Electronic Equipment
- Medical Imaging Equipment
- Physicians and Surgeons
- Radio and Television Towers
- Scientific Instruments
- Telecommunication Equipment.
For Transportation Cargo
- Commercial Transport
- Legal Liability
- Motor Truck Cargo.
- Railway Rolling Stock
- Tank Storage
For Miscellaneous Floaters
- Armoured Cars
- Fine Arts
- Furriers Block
- Jewellers Block
- Miscellaneous Floaters
- Related Property
To Learn More About Inland Marine Insurance Call connect with an ALIGNED Insurance Advocate Or Connect With Us Today At www.alignedinsurance.com
ALIGNED is a premiere insurance brokerage that was exclusively and uniquely built to create, negotiate, and deliver the best business insurance and risk management strategies/solutions to small, medium, and large organizations across all industries. ALIGNED’s primary mission is to protect the cash flow, profitability, and balance sheets of their clients from the chance of unforeseeable losses.