What Risks Can Health and Safety Professional Indemnity Insurance Cover?
Whether you’re a health and safety generalist, a specialist in a specific area, a one-person consultancy or a team of health and safety experts, like you, ALIGNED listens, assesses and recommends the right health and safety consultant insurance plan to address your legal liabilities and business risks. We can also provide comprehensive occupational health and safety consultant insurance online in a matter of minutes.
As a risk management professional, you’re aware of the risks that come with health and safety consulting. Some of those risks include:
- Your risk management recommendations are misinterpreted or misapplied by a client who either faces fines or experiences losses and initiates a lawsuit forcing you to retain a lawyer to respond to the suit
- A scheduling error causes your firm to miss an inspection which delays the opening of a commercial project resulting in a loss of revenue
- A misunderstanding during fact-finding causes you to make improper recommendations
- A calculation error is made rendering your safety plan non-compliant with regulations
Errors & Omissions (E&O) / Professional Indemnity Liability Insurance Policy for health and security directors can provide legal defence coverage for legal fees, defense costs, out-of-court settlements, damages, and other additional costs awarded by a court or tribunal.
What Other Insurance Coverages for Wellness and Safety Advisors Should I Consider?
In addition to professional liability insurance for your safety training, Commercial General Liability Insurance provides your hazard management consultancy with legal coverage for suits alleging bodily injury and/or property damage caused either at your hazard consulting firm or a client’s property. CGL can also cover false advertising and libel/slander claims.
Property Insurance for your building and contents in case of flooding, fires, sewage backup and other perils. Optional extensions include:
- Business Interruption insurance for lost income after an insured peril; and
- Extra Expense coverage to set up a temporary hazard management consulting office following an insured peril.
Our property insurance can also cover your tools and equipment while in transit or on-site in case of damage or theft.
Cyber Liability & Privacy Insurance Health consultants gather a lot of highly sensitive information on their clients. A breach of your devices or network could lead to heavy losses and expenses. Cyber insurance can provide coverage for third-party losses, ransomware costs, data and systems restoration and more.
Commercial Auto Insurance / Commercial Vehicle Insurance A health protection consultant professional is constantly on the road and require commercial auto coverage and personal accident insurance for driving done for work purposes. Personal auto insurance will not cover claims related to business driving.
- Why Business Consultants Need E&O Coverage
- E&O insurance for graphic designers
- Aging Workforce? 10 Ways To Keep Employees Safe
- Get Defect & Product Recall Insurance Brokers + Quotes Online
- Insurance For Florists In Canada
- Insurance For Bakeries In Canada
- Sewer Repair Contractor Insurance
- UAS Insurance And Your Business
- Pokémon Go Liability Issues
You help clients manage risks, we help you manage your liability hazards
At ALIGNED, commercial liability insurance is all we do. Our advocates provide safety recommendations to save you time, money and the hassle of shopping around for the right health and safety consultant insurance at the best rates. As a trusted insurance consulting business, we’re here to protect you from being underinsured, overinsured or overpaying for your coverage.
We work with Canada’s top insurance companies to get you health and safety consultant insurance tailored to your needs. Contact an ALIGNED advocate to get a free quote in minutes or get started right away by using our free online tool.