Why Business Consultants Need E&O Insurance Coverage
Why Business Consultants Need E&O Coverage
Are you working as a “consultant”? If so you need to know that as professionals providing expert advice, consultants are held to a high standard of care by their clients, and regardless of their area of expertise—management, benefits, environmental, marketing, media, technology—consultants need to have E&O insurance. Not only does this protect you as the consultant, but it also covers your organization/business and their reputation, more and more it is a mandatory requirement by a prospective client.
A Real Canadian Claims Example Of Why Business Consultants Need E&O Coverage
A recruiting consultant does not conduct a reference check on a prospective employee for a client. Subsequently, the employee misappropriates sums of money from the company. A reference check by the consultant would have revealed that the employee had a long history of fraud. The employer sues the consultant to recover the missing funds and the consultant if found to be negligent as they owed a duty to their client based on their scope of work and expertise and that duty was breached and resulted in a financial loss which was a direct result of the consultants negligence.
What Business Consultants Need E&O Coverage?
Business consultants need E&O insurance if they are providing advice to clients for compensation and the following list is just a small sampling of the types of E&O Insurance available through ALIGNED Insurance Brokers:
- Aerial mappers E&O Insurance
- Architectural/Engineering technicians and technologists E&O Insurance
- Cabling designers E&O Insurance
- Geologists E&O Insurance
- Graphic artists E&O Insurance
- Human Resources (HR) Professionals E&O Insurance
- Insurance adjusters E&O Insurance
- Interior designers E&O Insurance
- Laboratories (non-medical) E&O Insurance
- Management consultants E&O Insurance
- Market researchers E&O Insurance
- Marketing/Advertising consultants E&O Insurance
- Media/Communications consultants E&O Insurance
- Non-destructive testers E&O Insurance
- Occupational health and safety consultants E&O Insurance
- Printers E&O Insurance
- Private investigators E&O Insurance
- Publishers E&O Insurance
- Quantity surveyors E&O Insurance
- Real estate and development consultants E&O Insurance
- Safety code officers E&O Insurance
- Translators E&O Insurance
- Urban planners E&O Insurance
Contact An ALIGNED Advocate For More Information On Why Consultants Need E&O Coverage, What Business Consultants Need E&O Coverage and/or For A Business Consultant E&O Coverage Quote at 1-866-287-0448 Today.
|ALIGNED Across Canada 100% Canadian owned, ALIGNED is a premiere insurance brokerage that serves more than 1,400 clients across the country. ALIGNED’s offices in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver are supported by a national operations centre in Cambridge, Ontario. Uniquely within the industry, ALIGNED creates, negotiates and delivers the best business insurance and risk management strategies/solutions to organizations like yours.|