Youth Club Insurance
If you run a youth club or group, then ALIGNED can help you find a commercial insurance policy to protect it. All businesses, including not for profit organizations, come with risks, but you can mitigate these risks with the right insurance coverage.
What insurance coverage do youth clubs need?
Youth groups can benefit from a wide range of insurance coverages. Experts typically recommend adding the following coverage types to your youth club insurance policy.
- Commercial general liability insurance: Commercial general liability coverage can protect your youth group against claims alleging third party bodily injury or property damage. Under this portion of your policy, your insurer may compensate you for medical expenses, repair bills, legal fees, and more.
- Commercial property insurance: Commercial property insurance aims to protect the physical space where your youth club operates and any business-related contents inside of it from property damage. Please note that not all incidences of property damage will be covered; only those that are caused by an insured peril listed in your policy. Insured perils vary but can include fire, theft, water damage, windstorms, vandalism, etc.
- Cyber liability insurance: If your youth club stores sensitive information online, such as financial, medical, or personal information about your members, cyber liability coverage is likely worthwhile. Cyber liability insurance can protect your youth group if its online system is hacked and important data is stolen. Under this portion of your youth club insurance policy, you can be compensated for expenses like legal fees, credit monitoring, client notification, and more.
- Directors & officers liability insurance: If your youth group is a registered not for profit organization with a board of directors, you may wish to add directors & officers liability coverage to your youth club insurance plan. This type of coverage is designed to cover the cost of a lawsuit if a claim is brought against any of your board members.
- Abuse liability insurance: Abuse liability insurance can protect your youth group from the cost of a claim that alleges abuse or misconduct by one of your staff members. With this type of coverage, your insurance provider may help pay for legal fees, including defence costs. Abuse liability insurance is often important for organizations that work with children, such as youth clubs.
- Professional liability insurance: If your youth club provides advice or counselling-related services to its members, professional liability insurance may come in handy. This coverage option offers financial protection in the event that a third party files a lawsuit against your group alleging negligence, misconduct, failure to deliver a service as promised, etc.
- Commercial auto insurance: Does your youth group use cars for business purposes, such as to transport members to and from the premises or take them on trips elsewhere? If so, then commercial auto insurance is essential. Depending on where your youth club operates, your commercial auto coverage may feature third party liability coverage, comprehensive coverage, uninsured automobile coverage, accident benefits coverage, collision coverage, and more.
- Umbrella liability insurance: Umbrella liability insurance takes effect when regular liability limits are reached, meaning it can protect youth clubs against unforeseen or catastrophic events.
Common risks that youth clubs face
As the owner of a youth club, it is your job to be prepared for the worst-case scenarios. We outline some of the most common risks that youth clubs just like yours face below. (Please note that depending on the coverage you choose, your youth club insurance policy may help protect against all of these risk scenarios.)
- Bodily injury: A member of your youth club injures themselves during a game of soccer, or a parent of one of your youth club members slips and falls on an icy walkway leading to the trance of your youth club and sues you.
- Theft: Someone breaks into your youth club overnight, damages doors and windows, and steals expensive items.
- Property damage: A fire breaks out or water damages part of your youth club.
How the cost of insurance for youth clubs is calculated
Insurance companies will consider several factors when determining the cost of insurance for your youth club. The details that may come into play include:
- The location and size of your youth group and/or location
- Your orgnaizations insurance claims history
- The coverage, limits, and policy deductibles you select
- The services provided by your youth club
- The number of members of your youth club
- The annual and projected revenue of your youth club
- Other uses for your youth club, e.g. as an event venue (if applicable)
How to buy youth club insurance from an insurance broker
Buying insurance just got easier, and it’s all thanks to ALIGNED. ALIGNED is an insurance brokerage that specializes in quality commercial insurance solutions. We have helped organizations of all sizes find the coverage they need, no matter their budget. What are you waiting for? Give us a call, tell us all about your youth club, and we’ll get started. We will compare insurance products from a broad range of insurance companies to ensure we find you a great policy at a price you can afford.
ALIGNED has quality insurance solutions for your youth club
Find the right insurance coverage for your youth group by contacting ALIGNED today. Our team of insurance professionals will do everything they can to match you with a great commercial insurance policy. We can also provide you with a youth club insurance quote, explain how insurance works, or outline the benefits of working with an insurance broker. Get in touch with ALIGNED today to learn more about youth club insurance or click here for a free quote.