Where Can I Get Product Liability Insurance?
Increasingly organizations of all types and sizes are asking the question where can I get product liability insurance? This is because organizations like Amazon, Wayfair, Costco, Wal-Mart etc. are requiring organizations they work with to provide evidence of commercial general liability insurance inclusive of product liability insurance and to be added as an additional insured on a certificate of insurance. Meeting these contractual requirements and securing the certificate of insurance needed can seem like a complex and confusing process. Thankfully the expert commercial insurance brokers at ALIGNED Insurance are here to help and working with online retailers of all types is an area of specialization for them!
ALIGNED Can Help Get Product Liability Insurance For:
Regardless of the type of product you are manufacturing, contract manufacturing from China and or wholesaling the experienced business insurance brokers at ALIGNED can help with and below are just some of the things we’ve helped place:
- 100% US sales
- Baby, infant and children’s products
- Food products
- Athletic supplements
- Performance car parts
- Creams & lotions
- Furniture including chairs, benches etc.
- Home decor
- Landscaping products
- Science kits
- Cloth diapers
- Building materials
- Sporting goods
- Safety Equipment
- Etc. etc.
There are very few products we don’t have a solution for and if you as asking where can I get product liability insurance we’d encourage you to contact us today at 1-866-287-0448 or Click Here To Get A Quote
What Information Is Needed To Get Product Liability Insurance?
Each and every product is different and has different risk characteristics, but the information needed to secure product liability insurance is relatively consistent and predictable. Completing a product liability insurance application is always helpful and sometimes required, but below is a list of the typical information needed:
- Full name or legal entity name
- Complete Canadian mailing address
- Description of all products and product categories
- Projected annual sales broken down by product or product category
- Breakdown of sales by % between customers in 3 categories: Canadian, USA & rest of the world
- Information on the source of products being sold – ex. lead testing, third party quality control reports, design drawings, etc.
- Years of experience, education and expertise of people involved