Every click & share counts! You can help Stephen Lewis Foundation get a $5K donation from ALIGNED Insurance
Share this page with your social media networks. Encourage others to visit and share this webpage too! Like ALIGNED content about our Giving Generously 2021 campaign on our social media feeds such as: LinkedIn, Facebook & Instagram.
We believe in giving. That’s why a portion of our profits are donated to a registered Canadian charity that we invite you to help us select. And it is why we’re thrilled to advise that an ALIGNED Insurance client nominated Stephen Lewis Foundation to receive our Giving Generously 2021 donation.
If this page has the most visitors between Wednesday, October 20, 2021 and 11:59 pm Friday, December 10, 2021, Stephen Lewis Foundation will receive our Giving Generously 2021 donation of $5,000.
Here’s some info about the Stephen Lewis Foundation and what they do to make the world a healthier and more just place…
Established in 2003 by former Canadian Ambassador to the United Nations Stephen Lewis and his daughter Ilana Landsberg-Lewis, Stephen Lewis Foundation is a progressive, feminist organization that champions human rights and provides crucial support to countries in Sub-Saharan Africa that have been hit the hardest by the AIDS pandemic. It operates on principles based on “social justice, international solidarity, and substantive equality.”1
Since its foundation, Stephen Lewis Foundation has partnered with 325 organizations and funded more than 1,800 initiatives to combat the HIV/AIDS crisis. Stephen Lewis Foundation mainly funds “organizations that offer counselling services and education about HIV prevention, care, and treatment” as well as “initiatives that distribute food, medication, and other necessities.”2
Stephen Lewis Foundation – How they help
Stephen Lewis Foundation’s mission of turning the tide against the HIV/AIDS pandemic while fighting for equality includes:
- Supporting community-based organizations in African countries that have suffered the most under the AIDS pandemic
- Providing thousands of grandmothers, children and youth, as well as people from the LGBTQ+ community with HIV-tailored support and psychosocial care
- Caring for HIV-affected individuals through home-based visits
- HIV testing and counselling
- Fighting to end violence against women
- Championing human rights
What people say about Stephen Lewis Foundation:
“We are proud and grateful for SLF. We are who we are today because of your support. Where would we be without you? You have been able to help us fight one of the leading causes of death, and the stigma and disrimination that comes with it. We are now pioneers of SRHR advocacy, Human rights activists and leaders.”3 – Laticia Vandeby
“Thank you, Mr. Lewis for the impact you have had on my life and so many others. The world is a better place because of you and the work of your Foundation.”4 – Susan O’Neill
“Love this organization! They do so much to help in so many areas.”5 – Marie Matthews
“So proud that our organisation has been partnering with SLF for the past 14 years they are truly making a difference around the world!”6 – Gail Heasley, member of the Freedom And Roam Uganda human rights organization
“Thank you for your ongoing support, Stephen Lewis Foundation! With your help our team continues to save and transform lives on a daily basis here in the Valley of 1000 Hills despite the many challenges brought by the COVID-19 pandemic.”7 – the Hillcrest AIDS Centre Trust
To learn more about how Stephen Lewis Foundation helps those most affected by the HIV/AIDS pandemic while championing human rights, please visit stephenlewisfoundation.org
Stephen Lewis Foundation – Visit, revisit & share this page!
You can help Stephen Lewis Foundation get ALIGNED with our Giving Generously donation. The Canadian charity webpage with the most visitors between Wednesday, October 20, 2021 and 11:59 pm Friday, December 10, 2021 will receive our 2021 donation.
5 ways you can help Stephen Lewis Foundation become our Giving Generously 2021 Charity!
- Right now, take a moment to share this page with all of your social media networks and colleagues.
- Encourage others, including Stephen Lewis Foundation, to visit and share this webpage too!
- Like and share ALIGNED Insurance content about nominated Giving Generously 2021 charities on our social media feeds such as: LinkedIn, Facebook & Instagram.
- Keep visiting and sharing this webpage until the campaign closes at 11:59 pm Friday, December 10, 2021. The Giving Generously charity page with the most visits – aka clicks – during the campaign period will receive a $5K ALIGNED Insurance donation at the end of the campaign period.
- Stay tuned! Learn about the ALIGNED Insurance Giving Generously 2021 charity in a special issue of ALIGNMENT Matters, our monthly e-newsletter. Click on the Join Our Distribution List button at the bottom of our homepage.
Giving Generously 2021 – Our Social Responsibility Campaign
People helping people is how we deliver better business insurance. ALIGNED is known for consistently delivering a better insurance experience to Canadian businesses. Each and every day, we do this by:
- Being fiercely independent – our brokerage is 100% owned by us, not by any insurance company
- Doing what we say we’re going to do when we say we’re going to do it
- Fulfilling our social responsibility to help others
Since 2014, we’ve donated to more than 40 Canadian charities through our social responsibility initiatives. We know it’s a privilege to handle our clients’ insurance needs and that’s why GIVING frequently, consistently and GENEROUSLY is essential to all of us.
Each year, a portion of ALIGNED Insurance profits are donated to a Canadian charity that is nominated by an ALIGNED client. During the Giving Generously campaign, people vote by visiting web pages that ALIGNED builds to celebrate each charity and the great work they do.
Our annual Giving Generously donation is made to the registered Canadian charity that receives the most “votes” which are recorded as web page sessions.
If you have any questions about Giving Generously or would like to know more about how an ALIGNED Insurance Advocate can get you connected with better business insurance, simply email email@example.com.
Sources: 1stephenlewisfoundation.org, 2charityintelligence.ca, 3,4,5,6,7facebook.com/stephenlewisfdn