Every click & share counts! You can help Second Harvest get a $5K donation from ALIGNED Insurance
Share this page with your social media networks. Encourage others to visit and share this webpage too! Like ALIGNED content about our Giving Generously 2021 campaign on our social media feeds such as: LinkedIn, Facebook & Instagram.
We believe in giving. That’s why a portion of our profits are donated to a registered Canadian charity that we invite you to help us select. And it is why we’re thrilled to advise that an ALIGNED Insurance client nominated Second Harvest to receive our Giving Generously 2021 donation.
If this page has the most visitors between Wednesday, October 20, 2021 and 11:59 pm Friday, December 10, 2021, Second Harvest will receive our Giving Generously 2021 donation of $5,000.
Here’s some info about Second Harvest and how they feed the hungry while preserving our planet…
Since its founding in 1985, Second Harvest has grown to become Canada’s largest food rescue charitable organization. According to its mission statement, Second Harvest works tirelessly to “grow an efficient food recovery network to fuel people and reduce the environmental impacts of avoidable food waste.”1
Second Harvest provides nourishment for people through school programs, food banks, seniors’ centres, homeless shelters and food hubs. In addition, it has rescued more than 155 million pounds of healthy food over a period of 34 years, and thus prevented 192 million pounds of greenhouse gases from making their way into the atmosphere.
Second Harvest – How they help
Second Harvest provides nourishment for people in need and protects the environment by:
- Recovering food from more than 2,500 food donors before it negatively impacts the environment and distributing it to 2,300+ non-profit organizations that feed Toronto’s hungry
- Providing 62,000 meals a day in Canada
- Conducting thorough scientific research on the impact food waste has on our planet and how we can combat it
- Food safety training and workshop sessions
Notable programs: Food Rescue & Delivery, Feeding Our Future, Harvest Kitchen
What people say about Second Harvest:
“Second Harvest is a worthy organization, they have been feeding the Hungry for decades!!!”2 – Margaret Goodwin, Second Harvest supporter
“Without this program we wouldn’t even know how to feed them [the children]. When we get the food from Second Harvest we can actually provide that as a service for families that can’t really afford to buy all the snacks and the lunches for their kids.”3 – Marina Nguyen, Administrator at Youth Association for Academics, Athletics and Character Education, on Second Harvest’s Feeding Our Future meal program
“Thank you, Second Harvest, for all the turkeys and the beautiful card that you sent us for Christmas! All from Strachan House, thank you!”4 – Strachan House homeless people’s shelter representative
“Sami had an interest in helping other people and we wanted to instill charity in him, to help others who are less fortunate. He told me that he didn’t want anyone else to go hungry again. He also got to see what his money went to and how it helped people.”5 – Neil, father of Sami, a little boy who donated his birthday money to Second Harvest, providing 311 meals for hungry children
Second Harvest – Visit, revisit & share this page!
You can help Second Harvest get ALIGNED with our Giving Generously donation. The Canadian charity webpage with the most visitors between Wednesday, October 20, 2021 and 11:59 pm Friday, December 10, 2021 will receive our 2021 donation.
5 ways you can help Second Harvest become our Giving Generously 2021 Charity!
- Right now, take a moment to share this page with all of your social media networks and colleagues.
- Encourage others, including Second Harvest, to visit and share this webpage too!
- Like and share ALIGNED Insurance content about nominated Giving Generously 2021 charities on our social media feeds such as: LinkedIn, Facebook & Instagram.
- Keep visiting and sharing this webpage until the campaign closes at 11:59 pm Friday, December 10, 2021. The Giving Generously charity page with the most visits – aka clicks – during the campaign period will receive a $5K ALIGNED Insurance donation at the end of the campaign period.
- Stay tuned! Learn about the ALIGNED Insurance Giving Generously 2021 charity in a special issue of ALIGNMENT Matters, our monthly e-newsletter. Click on the Join Our Distribution List button at the bottom of our homepage.
Giving Generously 2021 – Our Social Responsibility Campaign
People helping people is how we deliver better business insurance. ALIGNED is known for consistently delivering a better insurance experience to Canadian businesses. Each and every day, we do this by:
- Being fiercely independent – our brokerage is 100% owned by us, not by any insurance company
- Doing what we say we’re going to do when we say we’re going to do it
- Fulfilling our social responsibility to help others
Since 2014, we’ve donated to more than 40 Canadian charities through our social responsibility initiatives. We know it’s a privilege to handle our clients’ insurance needs and that’s why GIVING frequently, consistently and GENEROUSLY is essential to all of us.
Each year, a portion of ALIGNED Insurance profits are donated to a Canadian charity that is nominated by an ALIGNED client. During the Giving Generously campaign, people vote by visiting web pages that ALIGNED builds to celebrate each charity and the great work they do.
Our annual Giving Generously donation is made to the registered Canadian charity that receives the most “votes” which are recorded as web page sessions.
If you have any questions about Giving Generously or would like to know more about how an ALIGNED Insurance Advocate can get you connected with better business insurance, simply email email@example.com.