Oshawa Senior Citizens Centre is nominated
Every click & share counts! You can help Oshawa Senior Citizens Centre get a $5K donation from ALIGNED Insurance
Share this page with your social media networks. Encourage others to visit and share this webpage too! Like ALIGNED content about our Giving Generously 2021 campaign on our social media feeds such as: LinkedIn, Facebook & >Instagram.
We believe in giving. That’s why a portion of our profits are donated to a registered Canadian charity that we invite you to help us select. And it is why we’re thrilled to advise that an ALIGNED Insurance client nominated Oshawa Senior Citizens Centre to receive our Giving Generously 2021 donation.
If this page has the most visitors between Wednesday, October 20, 2021 and 11:59 pm Friday, December 10, 2021, Oshawa Senior Citizens Centre will receive our Giving Generously 2021 donation of $5,000.
Here’s some info about Oshawa Senior Citizens Centre and how they empower the minds, bodies, and overall well-being of Canada’s seniors…
With its roots dating back to 1968, at a time when community leaders realized that Oshawa’s elderly may be in need of a drop-in destination where they could celebrate birthdays and anniversaries, make new friendships and enjoy physical activities, Oshawa Senior Citizens Centre quickly grew to become a hot-spot for thousands of people of all backgrounds.
According to their mission statement, Oshawa Senior Citizens Centre is “an experienced and innovative not-for-profit organization that serves the 55+ community, through excellence in leadership, advocacy and a holistic approach to wellness.”1
Today, the experts at Oshawa Senior Citizens Center serve more than 6,000 people while working hard to provide fulfillment and keep elderly citizens mentally and physically healthy through a combination of respect, deep care, learning, personal growth, collaboration and empowerment.
Oshawa Senior Citizens Centre – How they help
Oshawa Senior Citizens Centre’s mission of raising the well-being of Canada’s elderly includes:
- Wellness Seminars – Drop-in sessions on healthy eating, physical activities, chronic disease prevention, and overall health and wellness for the elderly
- Peer Mentoring – Skilled volunteers provide one-on-one support sessions in areas such as loneliness and dealing with the loss of a loved one
- Dance, fitness, computer, arts and crafts classes and special events
- Income Tax Service – Skilled volunteers provide assistance with income tax forms
Notable programs: Adult Day Program, Physio Exercise and Falls Prevention, Meet Outside
What people say about Oshawa Senior Citizens Centre:
“I can’t say enough good things about the adult day program. Great service provided to seniors that give them a sense of family and community to be a part of.”2 – Juli Morgan
“I have been a volunteer van driver at the OSCC a few years ago and found it to be a well organized and people oriented gathering place for the folks in Oshawa. Always a friendly smile by all that worked there when you entered . It is first class centre.”3 – Herman Veen
“I took line dancing there one time and I learned something and had a good time. The instructors are very nice.”4 – Catherine Climpson
“Awesome place! I did my placement at OSCC Northview branch. Staff is so helpful. Love this place.”5 – Kaur Heer
“I had a wonderful experience with the clients and staff at OSCC. It was always a fun filled day, enjoyed by both staff and clients. It was always a safe environment, and the clients are treated the way any human being should be treated.”6 – From a nursing student and Oshawa Senior Citizen Centre employee
Oshawa Senior Citizens Centre – Visit, revisit & share this page now!
You can help Oshawa Senior Citizens Centre get ALIGNED with our Giving Generously donation. The Canadian charity webpage with the most visitors between Wednesday, October 20, 2021 and 11:59 pm Friday, December 10, 2021 will receive our 2021 donation..
5 ways you can help Oshawa Senior Citizens Centre become our Giving Generously 2021 Charity!
- Right now, take a moment to share this page with all of your social media networks and colleagues.
- Encourage others, including Oshawa Senior Citizens Centre, to visit and share this webpage too!
- Like and share ALIGNED Insurance content about nominated Giving Generously 2021 charities on our social media feeds such as: LinkedIn, Facebook & Instagram.
- Keep visiting and sharing this webpage until the campaign closes at 11:59 pm Friday, December 10, 2021. The Giving Generously charity page with the most visits – aka clicks – during the campaign period will receive a $5K ALIGNED Insurance donation at the end of the campaign period.
- Stay tuned! Learn about the ALIGNED Insurance Giving Generously 2021 charity in a special issue of ALIGNMENT Matters, our monthly e-newsletter. Click on the Join Our Distribution List button at the bottom of our homepage.
Giving Generously 2021 – Our Social Responsibility Campaign
People helping people is how we deliver better business insurance. ALIGNED is known for consistently delivering a better insurance experience to Canadian businesses. Each and every day, we do this by:
- Being fiercely independent – our brokerage is 100% owned by us, not by any insurance company
- Doing what we say we’re going to do when we say we’re going to do it
- Fulfilling our social responsibility to help others
Since 2014, we’ve donated to more than 40 Canadian charities through our social responsibility initiatives. We know it’s a privilege to handle our clients’ insurance needs and that’s why GIVING frequently, consistently and GENEROUSLY is essential to all of us.
Each year, a portion of ALIGNED Insurance profits are donated to a Canadian charity that is nominated by an ALIGNED client. During the Giving Generously campaign, people vote by visiting web pages that ALIGNED builds to celebrate each charity and the great work they do.
Our annual Giving Generously donation is made to the registered Canadian charity that receives the most “votes” which are recorded as web page sessions.
If you have any questions about Giving Generously or would like to know more about how an ALIGNED Insurance Advocate can get you connected with better business insurance, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org.