BC Cancer Foundation is nominated
Every click & share counts! You can help BC Cancer Foundation get a $5K donation from ALIGNED Insurance
Share this page with your social media networks. Encourage others to visit and share this webpage too! Like ALIGNED content about our Giving Generously 2021 campaign on our social media feeds such as: LinkedIn, Facebook & Instagram.
We believe in giving. That’s why a portion of our profits are donated to a registered Canadian charity that we invite you to help us select. And it is why we’re thrilled to advise that an ALIGNED Insurance client nominated BC Cancer Foundation to receive our Giving Generously 2021 donation.
If this page has the most visitors between Wednesday, October 20, 2021 and 11:59 pm Friday, December 10, 2021, BC Cancer Foundation will receive our Giving Generously 2021 donation of $5,000.
Here’s some info about the BC Cancer Foundation and how they save and transform the lives of people struggling with cancer…
Established in 1935, BC Cancer Foundation is the fundraising arm of BC Cancer. In partnership with British Columbians, BC Cancer Foundation advances innovation and supports research to run six world-class centers across the province while providing high-end care for its patients, including prevention, diagnosis, treatment and palliative care.
The experts at BC Cancer Foundation “know that one in two people in our province will face cancer in their lifetime” and they are “igniting the progress to break down cancer, piece by piece, in the labs and clinics,” which will lead to “prevention in high risk families, better treatments with fewer side effects and ultimately improved health and longevity for people impacted by cancer.”1
BC Cancer Foundation – How they help
BC Cancer Foundation’s mission of saving and transforming the lives of people struggling with cancer includes:
- Providing grants that fund research, state-of-the-art equipment, and high-end patient care
- Launching the country’s first population-based lung cancer screening program
- Developing the first successful prevention strategy to combat ovarian cancer
- Creating a revolutionary form of radiation therapy now used around the world
- Becoming the first cancer center to successfully treat a patient based on the DNA of their cancer
Notable programs: The Personalized Onco-Genomics program
What people say about BC Cancer Foundation:
“I always felt I was in the best of hands going through a difficult time. All the staff were compassionate, humourous, and wholly professional. So lucky to have them at my side.”2 – a BC cancer patient
“Art therapy at BC Cancer was very healing for me and it gave me a safe space to express my emotions in a creative way. It also gave me the chance to meet other amazing cancer survivors who have become my closest friends. I’m really grateful for the amazing care that I’ve received at BC Cancer.”3 – Carmen Hou, a BC cancer patient
“I don’t know where this journey will take me but I know you are all working toward making the journey bearable. You all know how hard it is for those of us suffering from this scourge. Thank you for your selfless support.”4 – a BC cancer patient
“They have helped me a lot in my cancer journey. Very compassionate and kind people that I will appreciate forever.”5 – Liane Lutske Sillje-Jurcic, a BC cancer patient
“I am the benefactor of research that was done by BC Cancer. Because of that, my chance of survival and my lifelong expectations have improved. The idea that right now research is going on to stop ovarian cancer before it even turns into cancer itself is incredible to me. And the fact that it’s BC donors who are making this a reality for so many women is incredible.”6 – Hope Couture, a BC cancer patient
BC Cancer Foundation – Visit, revisit & share this page!
You can help BC Cancer Foundation get ALIGNED with our Giving Generously donation. The Canadian charity webpage with the most visitors between Wednesday, October 20, 2021 and 11:59 pm Friday, December 10, 2021 will receive our 2021 donation.
5 ways you can help BC Cancer Foundation Foundation become our Giving Generously 2021 Charity!
- Right now, take a moment to share this page with all of your social media networks and colleagues.
- Encourage others, including BC Cancer Foundation, to visit and share this webpage too!
- Like and share ALIGNED Insurance content about nominated Giving Generously 2021 charities on our social media feeds such as: LinkedIn, Facebook & Instagram.
- Keep visiting and sharing this webpage until the campaign closes at 11:59 pm Friday, December 10, 2021. The Giving Generously charity page with the most visits – aka clicks – during the campaign period will receive a $5K ALIGNED Insurance donation at the end of the campaign period.
- Stay tuned! Learn about the ALIGNED Insurance Giving Generously 2021 charity in a special issue of ALIGNMENT Matters, our monthly e-newsletter. Click on the Join Our Distribution List button at the bottom of our homepage.
Giving Generously 2021 – Our Social Responsibility Campaign
People helping people is how we deliver better business insurance. ALIGNED is known for consistently delivering a better insurance experience to Canadian businesses. Each and every day, we do this by:
- Being fiercely independent – our brokerage is 100% owned by us, not by any insurance company
- Doing what we say we’re going to do when we say we’re going to do it
- Fulfilling our social responsibility to help others
Since 2014, we’ve donated to more than 40 Canadian charities through our social responsibility initiatives. We know it’s a privilege to handle our clients’ insurance needs and that’s why GIVING frequently, consistently and GENEROUSLY is essential to all of us.
Each year, a portion of ALIGNED Insurance profits are donated to a Canadian charity that is nominated by an ALIGNED client. During the Giving Generously campaign, people vote by visiting web pages that ALIGNED builds to celebrate each charity and the great work they do.
Our annual Giving Generously donation is made to the registered Canadian charity that receives the most “votes” which are recorded as web page sessions.
If you have any questions about Giving Generously or would like to know more about how an ALIGNED Insurance Advocate can get you connected with better business insurance, simply email email@example.com.