Fort York Food Bank is nominated
Every click & share counts! You can help Fort York Food Bank get a $5K donation from ALIGNED Insurance
Share this page with your social media networks. Encourage others to visit and share this webpage too! Like ALIGNED content about our Giving Generously 2021 campaign on our social media feeds such as: LinkedIn, Facebook & Instagram.
We believe in giving. That’s why a portion of our profits are donated to a registered Canadian charity that we invite you to help us select. And it is why we’re thrilled to advise that an ALIGNED Insurance client nominated Fort York Food Bank to receive our Giving Generously 2021 donation.
If this page has the most visitors between Wednesday, October 20, 2021 and 11:59 pm Friday, December 10, 2021, Fort York Food Bank will receive our Giving Generously 2021 donation of $5,000.
Here’s some info about Fort York Food Bank and what they do to help people get back on track while reconnecting them with the broader community….
Since its inception in 1998, Toronto’s Fort York Food Bank has been working tirelessly to help people and families facing hardships.
According to their mission statement, Fort York Food Bank is a multi-service organization “focused on reconnecting people with our community by providing basic food requirements for individuals and families in need” and “providing counselling and training to help people find jobs, safe housing and appropriate social and community programs.”1
Fort York Food Bank also prides itself on being able to feed 1,200 children and adults every month and providing tens of thousands of meals every year.
Fort York Food Bank – How they help
Fort York Food Bank’s mission of feeding the hungry and helping people get back on their feet includes:
- Reducing homelessness by helping people with housing, income security programs, legal services, immigration assistance, healthcare services and training programs
- Reconnecting people with the broader community through economic development initiatives, life-skills education, computer training and other special trainings
- Reducing hunger by providing unemployed and underemployed people with healthy nutritious meals
- Providing translation services to help serve the downtown Toronto’s diverse ethno-cultural population
Notable programs: Information and Support, Community Vitality
What people say about Fort York Food Bank:
“The volunteers have a great attitude, coming to our doorstep without needing us to come out. I feel very safe, and I hope for this to continue till the pandemic is over.”2 – From a Fort York Food Bank Seniors Program client
“FYFB brings the community together. I know people that come from down the street to make donations. They know that they are helping the community.”3 – Jon, Fort York Food Bank volunteer
“Great work! Thank you, Fort York Food Bank, for continuing to innovate to ensure the most vulnerable in our community are looked after with dignity.”4 – Douglas Anweiler, Fort York Food Bank supporter
“I want to say a big thank you to you volunteers who make food possible for me and for many others each week. For me you are heroes, because you volunteer year-round to support the essential operation of the food bank.”5 – Patrick, Fort York Food Bank client
“People are not only thankful for the food they receive, but also make a point to thank the volunteers. It is a special place that can ease some worry and pain for those in difficult circumstances.”6 – Ashley, Fort York Food Bank Volunteer
Fort York Food Bank – Visit, revisit & share this page now!
You can help Fort York Food Bank get ALIGNED with our Giving Generously donation. The Canadian charity webpage with the most visitors between Wednesday, October 20, 2021 and 11:59 pm Friday, December 10, 2021 will receive our 2021 donation.
5 ways you can help Fort York Food Bank become our Giving Generously 2021 Charity!
- Right now, take a moment to share this page with all of your social media networks and colleagues.
- Encourage others, including Fort York Food Bank, to visit and share this webpage too!
- Like and share ALIGNED Insurance content about nominated Giving Generously 2021 charities on our social media feeds such as: LinkedIn, Facebook & Instagram.
- Keep visiting and sharing this webpage until the campaign closes at 11:59 pm Friday, December 10, 2021. The Giving Generously charity page with the most visits – aka clicks – during the campaign period will receive a $5K ALIGNED Insurance donation at the end of the campaign period.
- Stay tuned! Learn about the ALIGNED Insurance Giving Generously 2021 charity in a special issue of ALIGNMENT Matters, our monthly e-newsletter. Click on the Join Our Distribution List button at the bottom of our homepage.
Giving Generously 2021 – Our Social Responsibility Campaign
People helping people is how we deliver better business insurance. ALIGNED is known for consistently delivering a better insurance experience to Canadian businesses. Each and every day, we do this by:
- Being fiercely independent – our brokerage is 100% owned by us, not by any insurance company
- Doing what we say we’re going to do when we say we’re going to do it
- Fulfilling our social responsibility to help others
Since 2014, we’ve donated to more than 40 Canadian charities through our social responsibility initiatives. We know it’s a privilege to handle our clients’ insurance needs and that’s why GIVING frequently, consistently and GENEROUSLY is essential to all of us.
Each year, a portion of ALIGNED Insurance profits are donated to a Canadian charity that is nominated by an ALIGNED client. During the Giving Generously campaign, people vote by visiting web pages that ALIGNED builds to celebrate each charity and the great work they do.
Our annual Giving Generously donation is made to the registered Canadian charity that receives the most “votes” which are recorded as web page sessions.
If you have any questions about Giving Generously or would like to know more about how an ALIGNED Insurance Advocate can get you connected with better business insurance, simply email email@example.com.