As a commercial plumbing contractor, you need to see what’s coming down the pipe. The commercial industry specialists at ALIGNED are here to help you with advice and commercial plumbing insurance coverages to help you manage your risks. We’ve put together some timely information and resources, safety tips and coverage details on how commercial plumbing insurance can protect your business and keep your company flowing.
Safe Work Practices for Commercial Plumbers
The following tips were taken from the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety’s Plumber page. Please visit the page for more information including working safely with sewage, personal protection, material handling and more.
Health and Safety Procedures :
- Follow company safety rules.
- Get training on the potential hazards at the job sites where you are assigned.
- Learn about chemical hazards, WHMIS and SDSs.
- Use safety data sheets (SDSs) to learn about the chemical properties, health hazards, and required personal protective equipment (PPE) that you will need.
- Know how to report a hazard.
- If you will be working with specific substances – such as lead, asbestos or mould – follow the required work practices for the province in which you are working.
- Follow a recommended shift work pattern, and know the associated hazards.
- Practice safety procedures for:
Commercial Plumbing Insurance Highlights
As commercial insurance specialists, our ALGINED team is proud to offer many products and coverages for our commercial plumbing insurance clients. Some of the highlights of this coverage include:
Liability coverage such as:
- bodily or mental injury
- property damage liability
- personal and advertising injury liability
- tenants’ property damage liability
- voluntary medical payments
- non-owned auto
- legal liability for damage to rented autos
Property coverage on:
- stock and equipment located on your client’s premises
- utility services
- exterior building glass
additional Property coverage extensions include:
- building upgrades
- environmental upgrades
- landscaping and growing plants
- shrubs or flowers in the open
- business contents away from premises and while at employee residences
- valuable papers
- accounts receivable
Other recommended coverages for commercial plumbing insurance include:
Commercial Auto Insurance / Commercial Vehicle Insurance for your plumbing trucks and other work vehicles.
Boiler & Machinery Insurance / Equipment Breakdown Insurance coverage protects you from the costs of equipment failure including repair or replacement costs and other costs stemming from a malfunction or other specified perils like electrical arching, power surges etc.
Frequently asked questions about Commercial Plumbing Insurance
- Intact Contractors Insurance Coverage Explained
- Insurance For Restoration, Renovation, Remediation And Demolition Contractors
- Insurance For Office Supply Stores In Canada
- Landlord Insurance Ontario and Why You Need It
- Best Insurance For A Vacant Property In Canada
- Where Can I Get Liability Insurance For My AIRBNB In Canada?
- What Does Pollution Insurance For Your Business Cover?
- Bar and Nightclub Risk Management
Proper ALIGNMENT is Key for Commercial Plumbing Insurance
Our brokers are more than commercial insurance specialists, they’re advocates who work hard to get you the coverage you need at rates you can afford. Contact ALIGNED advocate to get a free quote on commercial plumbing insurance in minutes or use our free online tool.
Other Types of Business Insurance We Offer:
- Property Insurance
- Cyber liability Insurance
- Professional liability Insurance
- Contractor Insurance
- Risk Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Business interruption Insurance
- Insurance Policies
- Plumbers Insurance
We’re here to help you find the BEST commercial insurance…
Our team of insurance brokers is available to help answer any and all questions you might have about all of our commercial insurance products. If you have a question about business insurance, are uncertain about what a particular insurance coverage term means, or simply want to find commercial insurance that directly aligns with your needs, don’t hesitate to call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448.
It’s time to get insurance value and choice aligned. Want Canadian business insurance that aligns with your bottom line? We can help. 365. Call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448 or click to Get a Quote!
We’re ALIGNED across Canada. The ALIGNED Insurance National Operations Centre in Cambridge, Ontario supports our Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver offices. Our industry peers consistently recognize us as one of Canada’s best insurance teams. 100% Canadian owned, we are super proud to be one of the fastest growing insurance brokerages in the country.
We deliver e-news you can use. Get practical business insurance insights in your inbox every month. 19,000+ people subscribe to our free ALIGNMENT Matters e-news. Just click the JOIN OUR DISTRIBUTION LIST button – at the bottom of our homepage – to get connected.
365 | Get ALIGNED. Every day, Canadian business leaders read our insurance insights. Find us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.