You’ve got a lot to worry about up there. Your work, your workers and your roofing contractor company are exposed to all types of weather. And if you plan on bidding on commercial or government contracts, you need to carry a minimum amount of roofing company insurance. The roofing company insurance packages brokered by ALIGNED commercial insurance expert has got you covered. Keep reading for more information on how we can help you win those big contracts and how roofing company insurance can help break your fall if the worst happens.
Roofing Safety Tips
The following are fall protection guidelines provided by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety for roofers. They recommend using these procedures for heights over 3 meters (10 feet):
- “Guardrails should be installed at the edges of construction sites, roofs, and scaffoldings whenever possible to prevent falls. Standards for guardrail dimensions may vary from province to province.
- Fall restraint systems such as work positioning devices that prevent workers from travelling to the edge of the building or structure must be provided if the use of guardrails isn’t practicable.
- Fall arrest systems (full body harnesses and safety nets) are used to stop workers in mid-fall to prevent them from hitting the surface below. Full body safety harnesses attached to secured lanyards are widely used. However, to be effective they must be fitted properly to each worker. Although a poorly fitting harness will stop a fall, it can injure the worker who is dangling in mid-air if the straps and metal supports are not contoured to the individual’s shape.
- The lanyard, or line that stops the fall, and the anchor point for the lanyard are just as important as the harness. Anchor points must be carefully planned, usually in consultation with an engineer, and the length of the lanyard must allow for the stretch in the material resulting from the fall. Manufacturers can provide information to help you choose the correct length and avoid contact with the ground or other objects.”
Roofing Company Insurance Covers…
Our roofing businesses and contractor insurance covers all types of Canadian roofing contractor work including:
- Sheet Metal roofing
- Slate roofing
- Shakes, shingles, tiles and metal cladding
- Torch on roofing
- Hot and cold built up roofing
- Hot mop roofing
- Hot tar and gravel roofing
- Hot asphalt
- Flat roofing
- Commercial Roofing
- Roof leak repair
- Roof snow and ice removal
- Attic ventilation
- Siding and eavestrough maintenance
- Roof sign installation work
- Ceiling installation
- Roofing renovation
Roofers Insurance – What does it Cover?
These are some of the customizable roofers insurance coverages that can be included in your roofing company insurance package:
CGL insurance protects your roofing company in case your workers accidentally cause damage or bodily injury at a client’s home, if someone slips and falls at your office, if a competitor accuses you of libel or a customer accuses you of false advertising, among other potential claims scenarios.
Whether you lease or own your workspace or work from a home office, we can customize your commercial property coverage to protect your business such as building, roofing equipment, supplies and other business assets from perils like fire, flood or theft. We can also provide coverage for tools and equipment that are lost, stolen or damaged on the job site or in transit.
For the commercial autos, trucks, vans, trailers and other vehicles used by your roofing company.
If one of your workers accidentally spills asphalt or tar on a roof, driveway, patio or lawn, the cleanup costs can get expensive. You may also be facing a fine for an accidental spill. This is where pollution liability coverage can protect your roofing company.
To bid on commercial roofing contracts, your roofing company may also need to be bonded. Here are a few of the bonds we carry:
- Roofer’s License Bond – required to get a license; guarantees legal compliance; protects consumers.
- Contractor License Bond – required for some contractors to get licensed, contact us to find out if you need a contractor license bond.
- Bid Bond – used when a contractor bids on a contract; guarantees contractor’s ability to complete the contract.
- Performance Bonds – guarantees the contract owner that the contract will be completed as specified either by the original contractor or a subcontractor.
For more of our bond products and more information, visit the “Commercial Surety Bonds for the Construction Industry” section of our Types Of Commercial Surety Bonds In Canada page.
ALIGN Your Business with Roofing Company Insurance Brokered by Commercial Insurance Specialists
Our brokers are specialists like you – we only deal with commercial insurance. We’re advocates who push to get you complete roofing company insurance at affordable rates from Canada’s top insurance companies. Contact an ALIGNED advocate to get a free quote on roofing company insurance in minutes or get started right now by using our free online tool.
- Intact Contractors Insurance Coverage Explained
- Landlord Insurance Ontario and Why You Need It
- Where To Buy Flood Insurance In Canada
We’re here to help you find the BEST commercial insurance…
Our team of insurance brokers is available to help answer any and all questions you might have about all of our commercial insurance products. If you have a question about business insurance, are uncertain about what a particular insurance coverage term means, or simply want to find commercial insurance that directly aligns with your needs, don’t hesitate to call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448.
It’s time to get your insurance aligned. Want Canadian business insurance that’s ALIGNED with your bottom line? We can help. 365. Call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448.
We’re ALIGNED across Canada. The ALIGNED Insurance National Operations Centre in Cambridge, Ontario supports our Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver offices. We’re proud our industry peers consistently recognize ALIGNED Insurance as one of the best insurance teams in the country. We are also very proud to be one of the fastest growing insurance brokerages in Canada.
We deliver e-news you can use. Get practical business insurance insights in your inbox. 12,000+ people subscribe to our free ALIGNMENT Matters e-news. Just click the JOIN OUR DISTRIBUTION LIST button – at the bottom of our homepage – to connect and learn more about us.
365 | Get ALIGNED. Every day, Canadian business leaders follow our insurance insights via @ALIGNEDonRisk, on Facebook, LinkedIn and watch our YouTube videos here!