Whether you run a day spa or a medi-spa, providing personal care treatments comes with risks that your spa clinic needs to mitigate to ensure its own wellness. Comprehensive spa clinic insurance holistically addresses the risks and liabilities your spa faces by giving you coverage on all aspects of your business. In this post, we give you tips for reducing your risks and information on how spa clinic insurance policy can take care of the rest.
Reducing Your Risks as a Spa Clinic
American Spa Magazine has a list of ten risk-management tips for spas that are a good starting point for you to help reduce potential injuries and liability exposures of your spa clinic. Those tips include:
“1. Proper documentation is imperative. Have a client waiver written or reviewed by an attorney that releases you from liability when clients are in your spa. Clients should review and sign spa policies prior to receiving treatment.
2. In addition to the waiver, have clients fill out a pre-treatment questionnaire that is reviewed by the therapist to look for potential issues.
3. Perform an annual safety audit to look for surface potential hazards and fix them before they become a problem. Look at flooring, equipment, air quality, humidity levels. Note the effects of any new services implemented during the year.
4. Put safety policies in writing and give copies to your employees. Make sure they actually read them!
5. Make sure parking facilities and walkways are free or debris and well-lit to reduce accidents. Install slip-resistant flooring and place non-skid floor coverings in locker rooms and wet areas.
6. Make sure you have the proper general liability insurance and professional liability insurance, so that you are covered for all services you offer and any new service you add – especially anything with a medical “spin.” (microdermabrasion, glycolic peels, etc.)
7. Remind staff of the proper methods of performing treatments to reduce repetitive strain injuries and workman’s comp claims. This is especially important for massage therapists whose work is so physical.
8. Practice internal control and prevent employee theft by limiting the amount of cash in the facility and changing deposit schedules regularly.
9. Keep your facility spotlessly clean, and make sure equipment such as pedicure thrones have the capability to be completely free of bacteria through daily cleaning.
10. To help guard against potential fire hazards, avoid overloading electrical circuits, keep properly maintaining fire extinguishers and use fire alarms.”
But no amount of planning and preparation can guarantee that your business will be immune from injuries, unsatisfied customers and circumstances beyond your control. With a comprehensive spa clinic insurance plan, you can fill those gaps and better protect your business.
How Spa Clinic Insurance Protects You
Risks that spa clinics face in their daily operations include injuries to clients and staff, theft and disasters like fires and floods. Below are some of the customizable coverages that are generally included in a spa clinic insurance package to address the risks and liabilities spa clinics face.
Commercial General Liability Insurance – coverage for bodily injury, property damage, false advertising and libel slander claims.
Professional Liability Insurance – coverage for claims and injuries based on services rendered.
Product Liability Coverage – coverage for injuries and claims related to products you use and sell.
Equipment Breakdown Insurance – coverage for costs to repair/replace equipment and losses caused by things like electrical arching or power surges etc.
Property Insurance – protection from fires, floods, windstorms, theft vandalism, etc.
Business Interruption Coverage – coverage for lost income and other business expenses that are a direct result of shutdown of the business caused by an insured peril like a fire.
Crime Insurance – protection from employee theft and fraud.
Employer Liability Insurance – protection from employees not covered by WSIB or their provincial equivalent that are injured on the job.
ALIGN Your Spa Clinic Insurance with Your Business Needs
Other Posts Related To Spa Clinic Insurance
- How To Insure A Virtual Care or E-Health Clinic In Canada?
- Medical Malpractice Insurance For Medical Establishments in Canada
- Medical Malpractice Insurance For Healthcare Providers in Canada
- Canadian Restoration Contractors Insurance Coverage Explained
- Online Professional Liability Insurance For Consultants In Canada
- Choosing the Best Healthcare Business Insurance For You
We’re here to help you find the BEST commercial insurance…
Our team of insurance brokers is available to help answer any and all questions you might have about all of our commercial insurance products. If you have a question about business insurance, are uncertain about what a particular insurance coverage term means, or simply want to find commercial insurance that directly aligns with your needs, don’t hesitate to call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448.
It’s time to get your insurance aligned. Want Canadian business insurance that’s ALIGNED with your bottom line? We can help. 365. Call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448.
We’re ALIGNED across Canada. The ALIGNED Insurance National Operations Centre in Cambridge, Ontario supports our Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver offices. We’re proud our industry peers consistently recognize ALIGNED Insurance as one of the best insurance teams in the country. We are also very proud to be one of the fastest growing insurance brokerages in Canada.
We deliver e-news you can use. Get practical business insurance insights in your inbox. 12,000+ people subscribe to our free ALIGNMENT Matters e-news. Just click the JOIN OUR DISTRIBUTION LIST button – at the bottom of our homepage – to connect and learn more about us.
365 | Get ALIGNED. Every day, Canadian business leaders follow our insurance insights via @ALIGNEDonRisk, on Facebook, LinkedIn and watch our YouTube videos here!