The private swimming pool industry continues to grow in Canada. In fact, in the last 15 years, the pool industry has seen record year-over-year growth in the number of residential pool permits issued (link: https://bit.ly/3sH1GS2). This is good news if you own a pool cleaning business in Canada; you have likely been busier than you ever imagined these past few years. Even though we have relatively short summers in Canada, many people like to take full advantage of the sunny weather with recreational private pools on their property.
Pool Cleaning Business Insurance – Who Needs it?
As a pool cleaner, you stake your livelihood on making sure your customers’ pools are clean and ready to use when they want them. However, doing this work means you are opening yourself up to potential liability issues. You have to make sure you are covered for both the expected and the unexpected when it comes to insurance coverage.
If you run a pool cleaning business in Canada, you need to consider the following types of coverage:
- All businesses should start with a Commercial General Liability policy. This coverage ensures you are protected in the event of a third-party claim of bodily injury or property damage against your operations, products, advertising, completed work and more.
- As a pool cleaning business owner dealing with chemicals, and depending on the volume of chemicals you store you may also want to consider Pollution Liability Insurance. This coverage kicks in the case of a lawsuit due to third-party injury or property damage directly related to use of chemicals and contaminants.
- You may also wish to consider Business Interruption Insurance as part of this coverage to cover you in the case when an incident means your business is curtailed for any length of time.
- Small Business Auto Insurance applies to your pool cleaning business if you make use of company vehicles to do business. This type of insurance offers additional coverage for yourself and your staff.
- Protect your business property with Small Business Property Insurance, coverage for extended perils that may damage your business property.
What are some of the reasons why you need insurance as a Pool Cleaning Business owner?
- Your staff person adds too much chlorine to a client’s swimming pool, resulting in a chemical burn to the client’s child.
- You leave your cleaning equipment at a job site for the night, intending to return the next day. It is stolen from your client’s backyard.
- Your employee is struck by another vehicle on her way to a cleaning job.
Your pool cleaning company business is as unique as you are. Talk to one of ALIGNED’s brokers today who understands your business insurance needs and get coverage that is tailored to your business. ALIGNED works with Canada’s top insurance companies to ensure your coverage is affordable and customized to you.
- Get commercial business insurance
- Commercial Insurance Products, Corporate Insurance Products & Business Insurance Policies
- Small Business Insurance: Getting the Right Type For You
- Small Business Insurance Ontario
- Get Small Business Umbrella Insurance Coverage Quotes + Brokers
It’s time to get insurance value and choice aligned. Want Canadian business insurance that aligns with your bottom line? We can help. 365. Call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448 or click to Get a Quote!
We’re ALIGNED across Canada. The ALIGNED Insurance National Operations Centre in Cambridge, Ontario supports our Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver offices. Our industry peers consistently recognize us as one of Canada’s best insurance teams. 100% Canadian-owned, we are super proud to be one of the fastest-growing insurance brokerages in the country.
We deliver e-news you can use. Get practical business insurance insights in your inbox every month. 19,000+ people subscribe to our free ALIGNMENT Matters e-news. Just click the JOIN OUR DISTRIBUTION LIST button – at the bottom of our homepage – to get connected.
365 | Get ALIGNED. Every day, Canadian business leaders read our insurance insights. Find us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.