To become a vendor on the Newegg marketplace, you’re required to carry specific insurance coverages and to include Newegg as an additional insured on your policies in order to protect them from liability in case something you’ve sold on their platform leads to legal action. Our Newegg sellers insurance policies are designed specifically to comply with Newegg’s vendor requirements and provide you with the liability protection you need. We can also provide you with the certificate of insurance you need to start selling on Newegg right away.
Mandatory Insurance Coverage for Newegg Sellers
Currently, to sell on Newegg Canada Marketplace, you need the following coverage requirements:
- Commercial General Liability Insurance – for protection against legal claims of personal injury, property damage, libel/slander and false advertising.
- Product Liability Insurance for bodily injury and/or property damage associated damage caused by the products sold. Ex. fire in electronic device causes extensive fire damage to a customers home.
If you’re a product manufacturer, you also want to consider:
Also, if you’re a part of the Shipped by Newegg program, your shipments may not be covered for their full value and may not be covered at all by their shipping policy unless the shipper is negligent. That means that if your products are damaged during delivery or go missing, you could be stuck with the loss differential between your cost and the coverage provided by the shipper – if they provide any at all.
With our Cargo Insurance coverage, your shipments have door-to-door protection for their full value that can also include coverage for lost profits resulting from merchandise loss.
What you need to get Newegg Sellers Insurance and how much it will cost
To get a free quote on Newegg sellers insurance, you’ll need the following information for our ALIGNED advocates to get you the coverage you need at the best rates:
- Your business name and address
- Business and insurance information like the number of years you’ve been in business and any previous business insurance claims
- A list of products you’re selling or planning to sell on Newegg
- Where you source your products and/or components from
- The amount of your actual and/or forecasted sales
- Where your products are being sold, i.e. how much are you selling in Canada, the US and internationally
The cost of Newegg qualified sellers insurance is also mostly based on the information above.
Get ALIGNED with Newegg Sellers Insurance Provided by Commercial Insurance Specialists
Commercial insurance is all we do. Our brokerage specializes in insurance for businesses and knows the e-commerce space. When you choose ALIGNED, you get a commercial insurance specialist advocating on your behalf for comprehensive Newegg Canada Marketplace vendor insurance at affordable rates.
We work with Canada’s top insurance companies to ensure you get reliable protection when you need it the most. Contact an ALIGNED advocate to get a free quote on Newegg sellers insurance in minutes or get started right away by using our free online tool.
- Online Retailer Liability Insurance Coverage Quote
- How To Get Cyber Liability Insurance Online In Canada
- Buying Guide Online Cyber Liability Insurance In Canada
It’s time to get insurance value and choice aligned. Want Canadian business insurance that aligns with your bottom line? We can help. 365. Call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448 or click to Get a Quote!
We’re ALIGNED across Canada. The ALIGNED Insurance National Operations Centre in Cambridge, Ontario supports our Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver offices. Our industry peers consistently recognize us as one of Canada’s best insurance teams. 100% Canadian-owned, we are super proud to be one of the fastest-growing insurance brokerages in the country.
We deliver e-news you can use. Get practical business insurance insights in your inbox every month. 19,000+ people subscribe to our free ALIGNMENT Matters e-news. Just click the JOIN OUR DISTRIBUTION LIST button – at the bottom of our homepage – to get connected.
365 | Get ALIGNED. Every day, Canadian business leaders read our insurance insights. Find us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.