Medical Laboratory Insurance
As an owner or operator of a medical laboratory, you know that while technologists, technicians and assistants are among the most highly skilled and diligent of medical professionals, sometimes, contamination and human error can occur, especially when under pressure to deliver results and findings in as little time as possible.
We provide comprehensive medical laboratory insurance plans that respond should a mistake or natural disaster threaten to close your laboratory.
Liability Protection for your Medical Laboratory
Medical laboratory insurance can protect service providers such as:
- Clinical biochemistry and microbiology labs
- CT scan, MRI and Xray laboratories
- Drug screening laboratories
- Genetics labs
- Hematology labs
- Pathology labs
- Testing, analytic and diagnostic laboratories
- Urinalysis labs
as well as all other medical laboratory facilities from both liability and business loss exposures.
In a typical medical laboratory insurance plan, liability is generally addressed with both:
- Medical Malpractice Insurance which we provide on both a per-occurrence and claims-made basis and provides you with professional liability coverage for errors or alleged errors of faulty diagnoses, mishandled specimens, mislabeled test results and more.
- Commercial General Liability Insurance which can provide coverage for personal injuries unrelated to your lab services such as slip and fall injuries. CGL can also provide coverage for claims of property damage, libel/slander and false advertising.
Both medical malpractice and commercial general liability insurance protect your medical laboratory by covering:
- Medical expenses
- Costs to repair or replace damaged property
- Lawyer’s fees and defence costs
- Out-of-court settlements
- Awards for damages
Other liability coverages you may need to include in your medical laboratory insurance plan:
Cyber Liability & Privacy Insurance – as medical laboratories carry highly-sensitive information and rely heavily on their data and systems.
Pollution Liability Insurance – for labs that use chemicals and biological agents that require specific on site and disposal protocols.
Medical Laboratory Insurance – Business Risk Management Coverages
These coverages are also recommended as part of a medical laboratory insurance plan:
Commercial Property Insurance – can provide protection for your building and contents following a fire, flooding, sewage backup, vandalism and other named perils. You may also need an extension for Extra Expense Insurance to cover the costs to relocate and set up a temporary lab after an insured peril.
Equipment Breakdown Insurance – can protect you from the costs to repair and/or replace machinery and equipment as well as any losses caused by a breakdown of that equipment due to perils such as electrical arcing, power surges and others.
Your medical laboratory insurance coverage is not something you should experiment with.
At ALIGNED, commercial insurance is all we do. We use the relationships we’ve built over the years with Canada’s top insurance companies to get our clients comprehensive medical laboratory insurance at affordable rates. Contact an ALIGNED advocate to get a free quote on medical laboratory insurance in minutes or get started right away by using our free online tool.