Internet Company Liability Insurance for Online Retailers
All online businesses take on a certain amount of risks and liability exposures. For online retailers and dropshipping businesses, relying on onsite or third-party payment platforms and shippers are a couple of the added risks to your online business operations.
What internet company liability insurance coverages can help protect you from risks?
Commercial General Liability Insurance is standard coverage for all businesses and can cover medical expenses, property damage, lawyer’s fees, settlements and judgments for lawsuits alleging personal injury, property damage, libel/slander and false advertising. Depending on the products you sell, you may also need an extension for Product Liability Insurance.
Property Insurance can provide coverage for both your inventory, whether stored onsite or in a warehouse and the structures, equipment, devices, etc., used or transported by your business. A comprehensive property insurance policy should also include a sufficient goods in transit limit which provides door-to-door coverage for shipments and transportation of expensive and sensitive electronic equipment.
Cyber Liability & Privacy Insurance approximately 1 in 5 companies suffer cyberattacks of some sort – no business is too small or too big to target. If your company does business online, you can’t afford to take the risk of being unprotected from a breach.
Internet Company Liability Insurance for Tech Companies and Service Providers
For internet companies that write software, design websites, provide internet services and other tech, virtual and cloud services.
What are the basic liability coverages you need for your internet company?
Commercial General Liability Insurance (see above)
Errors & Omissions (E&O) / Professional Liability Insurance as a service interruption, product delay, service failures or a professional consultation could lead to client losses and costly litigation.
Property Insurance is vital for protecting your building, machines, servers and other equipment. You may also require Extra Expense coverage for the costs of setting up a temporary location if you’re a service provider that must maintain service to your clients regardless of a peril suffered by your company.
Liability Insurance policies are also often specifically designed for technology-specific businesses. If you’re a business that provides services and products that are in the form of software, computer hardware, consulting and other data-related services to businesses and/or individuals consider purchasing Liability Insurance for your business from the business insurance experts at ALIGNED Insurance.
What coverages are provided with a Cyber Liability Insurance policy?
Cyber Liability & Privacy Insurance for a company in your field is also a must. Our cyber liability insurance policy can cover notification and monitoring costs, data and systems restoration and more.
How much does internet company liability insurance cost?
Internet company liability insurance varies in price depending on many circumstances. Some of the key factors insurance companies may consider when calculating internet company liability insurance rates can be found below:
- The services offered by your internet company
- The size and location of your internet company
- Your years of experience
- Your insurance claim history
- The number of employees at your internet company
- Your internet company’s annual and projected revenue
- Your training and certifications and that of your employees
- The coverage options, policy limits, and policy deductibles you choose
Tips to help you find the best internet company liability insurance policy
- Get a quote: The first step in getting internet company liability insurance at a great rate is to obtain a quote. Contact ALIGNED by phone or click here for a free quote.
- Shop around: Shopping around is key if you want to get a great rate. Get in touch with various insurance providers or enlist the help of a professional insurance broker to shop around on your behalf (more on that below).
- Work with a broker: Our next tip for finding the best internet company liability insurance policy is to work with a broker. Brokers, like those at ALIGNED, are commercial insurance experts who know the ins and outs of the industry and will ensure you’re finding the best coverage at a competitive rate. Plus, they do the work for you, obtaining and comparing quotes from top insurance companies and walking you through your policy options.
- Carefully review your options: One last tip for getting the best internet company liability insurance policy possible is to review your options. If you work with ALIGNED, your dedicated insurance broker will likely present you with several policy options. Review each carefully, understanding the terms, coverage, and cost of each. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask your ALIGNED broker.
Get ALIGNED with an Internet Company Liability Insurance package assembled by a Commercial Insurance Specialist
Commercial insurance is all we do. Let the commercial insurance specialists at ALIGNED Insurance provide solutions, save you time, money and the stress of shopping around for the right protection for your internet company. We are your advocate to get you exactly the coverage you need at competitive rates. So if you have questions about company liability insurance, contact us today. You can also click here for a free quote.
- How Much Is Insurance For A Tech Company In Canada?
- Technology Insurance For Canadian Technology Companies Explained
- Intact Technology Insurance Coverage Solutions For IT Firms
- New Cyber Liability Risks – How Hackers Attack Wi-Fi Networks
- Social Media Influencer Liability Insurance
- Cyber Liability Insurance 101
- What You Should Know About Telecommunications Company Insurance
- Your Guide to Web Hosting Company Insurance
- Technology Company Insurance Overview
- Technology Insurance Overview