Get a quote


Join Our Distribution List Today!

Need help managing your business risks during COVID-19? – CLICK HERE FOR INFO YOU CAN USE
ALIGNED Insurance

Call Toll Free

Non-Standard Property Insurance

non standard property insurance
ALIGNED - CLICK HERE to get a FREE insurance quote now - Header - June 2021
Want insurance? Click HERE to get a FREE QUOTE!

If you’re a residential or commercial property owner having difficulties getting property insurance coverage, ALIGNED can help you secure the coverage you need to protect yourself and your property. Our non-standard property insurance policies can cover owners of properties with construction issues, vacant properties, high-risk properties and more. 

What Type of Properties can Non-Standard Property Insurance Cover?

The following are examples of properties and situations that non-standard property insurance is designed to cover:

  • Banquet halls
  • Bars and taverns
  • Commercial buildings with high-risk tenants
  • Commercial and residential properties with construction, occupancy, protection and/or exposure issues (i.e. COPE issues)
  • Difficult to insure locations and properties
  • Licensed cannabis producers
  • Older buildings including heritage buildings
  • Owners with no previous insurance in Canada, gaps in coverage, multiple or non-standard mortgages or previously cancelled or declined insurance
  • Owners with past or open claims
  • Owner-occupied dwellings (including rented and seasonal)
  • Properties in remote areas
  • Properties undergoing renovations
  • Rented and Seasonal Dwellings
  • Shared accommodation properties e.g. student housing, rooming/boarding houses
  • Short term rentals (e.g. Airbnb)
  • Unprotected Properties 
  • Vacant buildings and property, both residential and commercial

What can be Covered by a Non-standard Property Insurance Policy?

non-standard property insurance
Looking for non-standard property insurance in Canada? Contact us HERE to get an online quote now!

Generally speaking, a non-standard property insurance policy can provide general and premises liability to cover owners, landlords and tenants. This means that if someone is injured on your property, you’re protected with coverage for the injured person’s medical expenses and lost income related to the injury as well as legal fees, settlement costs and awards for damages if that person decides to sue.

Other coverage highlights of a non-standard property policy include protection for perils such as fires, flooding, sewage backups, earthquakes, water damage, windstorms, theft, vandalism and others. 

For owners of residential properties, whether owner-occupied or rented, that means repair or replacement coverage for the structure of the home, condo, townhome, etc., as well as the contents inside like the furniture, appliances, electronics, clothes, and other personal property.

For owners and tenants of commercial properties, protection of a non-standard property insurance policy can include repair or replacement of the following:

  • Buildings and structures
  • Upgrades and renovations done to rented offices and units
  • Office equipment such as phones, computers, printers
  • Machinery, equipment and tools
  • Employee property
  • Office supplies
  • Furniture, desks, filing cabinets
  • Stock or inventory
  • Business records
  • Cash, financial instruments 
  • Other assets

It’s also possible to include Equipment Breakdown Insurance as part of your non-standard property policy which can protect you from losses caused by a breakdown of equipment and the costs to repair and/or replace machinery and equipment in case of perils such as electrical arcing, power surges and others. 

Save yourself the time, money and frustrations of shopping around to get approved for non-standard property insurance. Get ALIGNED with a broker who can get you the coverage you need at affordable rates.

When you choose ALIGNED, you get an advocate on your side every step of the way. We have relationships with Canada’s top insurance companies and can get you specialized coverage at rates you can afford. Contact an ALIGNED advocate to get a free quote on non-standard property insurance in minutes or get started right away by using our free online tool.

Related Posts

It’s time to get insurance value and choice aligned. Want Canadian business insurance that aligns with your bottom line? We can help. 365. Call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448 or click to Get a Quote!

We’re ALIGNED across Canada. The ALIGNED Insurance National Operations Centre in Cambridge, Ontario supports our Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver offices. Our industry peers consistently recognize us as one of Canada’s best insurance teams. 100% Canadian-owned, we are super proud to be one of the fastest-growing insurance brokerages in the country.

We deliver e-news you can use. Get practical business insurance insights in your inbox every month. 19,000+ people subscribe to our free ALIGNMENT Matters e-news. Just click the JOIN OUR DISTRIBUTION LIST button – at the bottom of our homepage – to get connected.

365 | Get ALIGNED. Every day, Canadian business leaders read our insurance insights. Find us on LinkedIn, TwitterFacebookInstagram and YouTube.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *