Potential Liability Scenarios for Junk Removal Businesses
You provide a valuable service helping your clients get rid of debris, garbage and unwanted items that can’t just be left on the curb. You might even help your clients make donations to charitable organizations. But despite the service you provide, the work you do can result in an accident or a mistake that leads to injuries or property damage and possibly a lawsuit. Which is why your firm needs to think about the type of coverage needed for your junk removal businesses.
The following scenarios are some of the reasons why your junk removal business should be insured:
- While removing an old couch out of a client’s home, you or one of your workers accidentally crashes into the client’s brand new, state-of-the-art TV.
- Backing into a client’s driveway, your truck scrapes the side of the client’s car.
- You or one of your employees loses grip on a dresser as you’re carrying it down a set of stairs and it starts tumbling down the staircase. Your client’s child or related person is at the bottom of the steps, doesn’t get out of the way and suffers bodily injury.
- Your truck is involved in an accident on the way to a pick-up.
When thinking about your type of insurance for junk removal businesses, your coverage can include:
- Medical expenses for injuries to clients or third parties
- Costs to repair or replace damaged property
- Lawyer’s fees and defence costs
- Out-of-court settlements
- Awards for damages
- Your local junk removal authority’s legislation
It’s important to remember that even if your junk removal business isn’t responsible for an injury or property damage, there’s still a possibility that a disgruntled customer files a lawsuit against you for damage or an injury that isn’t your fault, forcing you to pay a lawyer to defend the suit and clear your name.
Insurance Coverages for Junk Removal Businesses
We customize our coverages so that you only pay for coverage your junk removal business actually needs. The following types of insurance coverages are usually included with insurance for junk removal businesses:
Depending on the type of work you’re licensed to do, your junk removal business may also need Pollution Liability Insurance.
We also provide construction bonds if your junk removal business bids on commercial or public contracts. For more information, visit our Types Of Commercial Surety Bonds In Canada page.
Don’t throw your money in the trash. Get ALIGNED with the right type of policy for your junk removal business.
We only deal in commercial insurance. When you choose ALIGNED, you get a commercial insurance specialist advocating on your behalf to get insurance for your junk removal business at affordable rates from Canada’s top insurance companies. Save time and contact an ALIGNED advocate to get a free quote on debris removal insurance for your business in minutes or get started right away by using our free online tool.