All Risks Insurance Coverage Explained?
All risks insurance coverage is defined as: property insurance covering loss arising from any fortuitous cause except those that are specifically excluded. This is in contrast to named perils coverage, which applies only to loss arising out of causes that are listed as covered.
Although many industry practitioners continue to use the term “all risks insurance” to describe this approach to defining covered causes of loss in a property insurance policy, it is no longer used in insurance policies because of concern that the word “all risks insurance” suggests coverage that is broader than it actually is.
Because of this concern, some industry practitioners have begun to use the terms “all perils”, “open perils” or “special perils” instead of “all risks.” for what is commonly known as all risks insurance coverage.
See also: Causes of loss forms, Commercial property policy, Difference-in-conditions insurance, Earthquake coverage, Flood coverage, Named perils coverage, Open perils, Property insurance; Special perils.
In addition to all risks insurance, we offer the following management liability products:
- Board Insurance / Directors and Officers (D&O) Insurance
- Employment Practices Liability (EPL) Insurance
- Fiduciary Liability Insurance
- Property Insurance- Including Business Interruption & Extra Expense
- Machinery Breakdown/Boiler & Machinery Insurance
- Course of Construction (COC)
- Wrap-up Liability Insurance
- Commercial General Liability / CGL Insurance
- Pollution Liability Insurance
- Commercial Automobile & Fleet Insurance
- Umbrella Liability Insurance
- Cyber, Hacking & Privacy Liability Insurance
- Crime/Fidelity/Employee Theft Insurance
- Professional Liability/Errors & Omissions (E&O) Insurance
- Kidnap & Ransom Insurance
- Representations & Warranty Insurance
An ALIGNED Insurance Broker can provide expert guidance about all risks insurance as well as risk management best practices for your organization. Talk to one of our Canadian insurance brokers today about how we can help you secure the best products, services and insurance solutions for your business.
|ALIGNED Across Canada 100% Canadian owned, ALIGNED is a premiere insurance brokerage that serves more than 1,400 clients across the country. ALIGNED’s offices in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver are supported by a national operations centre in Cambridge, Ontario. Uniquely within the industry, ALIGNED creates, negotiates and delivers the best business insurance and risk management strategies/solutions to organizations like yours.|