General Liability Insurance Quote – Get ALIGNED With More Options
Risk can and will trip you up when you least expect it, especially if you run a bricks and mortar business. When you get a general liability insurance quote it is important that it accurately reflects the real day-to-day risks that your business faces, such as:
- A customer slips, falls and breaks their hip in your retail outlet.
- A contractor renovates your premises and accidentally damages the building next door.
- A plumber makes repairs that suddenly spring a leak overnight and lead to extensive water damage.
Also known as Commercial General Liability Insurance (CGL), general liability is an important tool you can use to protect your business against claims for bodily injury and property damage related to your premises, operations, products, completed operations as well as advertising and personal injury liability.
General Liability Insurance – 5 Coverages To Consider
- Bodily Injury To Third Parties – Includes bodily harm, sickness, or disease, including resulting death that results from the operations of your business.
- Completed Operations – Work of the insured that has been completed as called for in a contract, or work completed at a single job site under a contract involving multiple job sites, or work that has been put to its intended use.
- Property Damage To Third Parties – Damage caused to property of others.
- Products Liability – The liability for bodily injury or property damage incurred by a merchant or manufacturer as a consequence of some defect in the product sold or manufactured.
- Tenants Legal Liability – Tenant accepts responsibility for damage they may cause to the building which they rent or lease from a landlord.
General Liability Insurance Quote – Your Liability Foundation
Across Canada, Common law establishes that business owners owe a duty of care to the public. This is the case in every province except Quebec. Unfortunately, accidents happen and injured people or parties may allege that:
- A duty of care was owed
- That duty of care was breached
- Damages and/or injuries were incurred
If one or more of these situations apply, people, parties and/or their lawyers may allege that a business was negligent and is responsible for compensating them for their damages.
Talk to us about your CGL needs. Wherever you are located, we can help you get a general liability insurance quote that delivers more value and options to your Canadian business.
|ALIGNED Across Canada 100% Canadian owned, ALIGNED is a premiere insurance brokerage that serves more than 1,400 clients across the country. ALIGNED’s offices in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver are supported by a national operations centre in Cambridge, Ontario. Uniquely within the industry, ALIGNED creates, negotiates and delivers the best business insurance and risk management strategies/solutions to organizations like yours.|