ALIGNMENT Matters | insurance insights & news
COVID-19 risk management | protecting your workplace
COVID-19 risk management. In the last issue of ALIGNMENT Matters we talked about how businesses are shifting gears and reopening during the pandemic.
We also mentioned that provincial governments are setting out new guidelines to help businesses create safe work environments and customer experiences during COVID-19.
As keeping workplaces safe and secure for employees and clients is top of mind during COVID-19, we’ve taken some time to look into government recommendations in three provinces.
Whether you have offices, retail locations, manufacturing or other businesses operating in Ontario, Alberta and/or BC you can now find some of the most recent COVID-19 workplace guidelines listed below and on our blog.
- COVID-19 risk management
- Provincial workplace safety guidelines
- COVID-19 insurance options
- Commercial insurance products that are especially relevant during COVID-19
- Pivoting your business and insurance options
- Changing operations during COVID-19 and your insurance
We appreciate how hard it is to adapt to the ever-changing “new normal” and that’s why it is especially appreciated when a client recognizes us with a Google review.
Here are comments from a few clients who we recently helped:
- “This team was really helpful and attentive, it’s hard to get a call returned during the lockdown and these guys came through every time.”
- “Getting office insurance for our startup in Q1 of 2020 seemed daunting but it turned out to be seamless, Aligned made this process so painless and easy.”
- “We bought 2 small commercial buildings outside Vancouver last month and the Aligned team was able to handle our situation quickly and professionally”
In this issue of ALIGNMENT Matters, we’re also welcoming a new team member, explaining how to file an insurance claim as well as sharing some new client feedback.
[e-news] ALIGNMENT Matters | issue 45 | e-news you can use!
1. Introducing Courtney Tran, our newest ALIGNED Assistant Advocate!
2. Alberta firm? What to know about COVID-19 workplace risk management.
3. BC company? Understanding workplace risk management during COVID-19.
4. Ontario business? Managing COVID-19 risks in your workplace.
5. Claim? What you need to know about filing an insurance claim.
6. We really, really appreciate these new Google reviews about us!
If you have any questions about managing workplace risks, please call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448. Leave us a Live Chat message on our homepage, send me an email or contact any of us. Please also visit us on alignedinsurance.com as well as via Twitter and Linkedin.
As your business continues to change and adapt during COVID-19, the ALIGNED Insurance team is here to help you move forward with confidence.
We look forward to hearing from you.
[e-news] ALIGNMENT Matters | issue 45 | in depth
Why Courtney Tran is proud to be an ALIGNED Assistant Advocate
Courtney shares, “I was looking for a career change after working in hospitality for over ten years. Therefore, I wanted to find a profession that allowed me to continue to working with and helping people but also challenged me.
What sets ALIGNED Insurance apart for Courtney Tran…
What to know about managing COVID-19 risks in your Alberta workplace
Safety first. Whether you call Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer, Lethbridge, or anywhere in between home, COVID-19 is impacting your life as an Albertan. As businesses gradually reopen and community activities slowly resume, people are operating and interacting with each other differently during the pandemic.
Keeping people safe is essential. The Government of Alberta is advising businesses that “it’s important to take measures to protect employees and customers.”1 Cleaning, disinfecting and proper use of personal protective equipment are all vitally important. In addition, as a business owner or leader, you are also advised to:
- “conduct a hazard assessment to identify existing and potential hazards related to COVID-19
- understand the basic requirements of occupational health and safety (OHS) laws
- aid physical separation through barriers (Plexiglas), signage, floor markings and traffic flow controls to limit people in a space”2
- Keep reading…
10 ways to keep your Alberta workplace safe during COVID-19
What COVID-19 risks are the biggest concerns for BC workplaces?
Safety planning. It doesn’t matter if you call Prince Rupert, Victoria, Kelowna or Vancouver home, COVID-19 is changing every British Columbian’s life. Your manufacturing business may now be making personal protection equipment. You may be monitoring how your retail, grocery or restaurant employees interact with customers. Or you may be pivoting your business operations during the pandemic.
As a business owner, you know risk management best practices help manage workplace hazards. Specific workplace guidelines are now available to help mitigate ongoing COVID-19 risks in your business. This article highlights some actions you can take as part of your COVID-19 safety planning for your BC employees, customers and suppliers. Keep reading…
8 ways to keep your BC workplace safe during COVID-19
COVID-19 workplace risks and your responsibilities as an Ontario business
Safety first. From Windsor to Ottawa and from Toronto to Sudbury, COVID-19 is changing every Ontarian’s life. Your business may be preparing to welcome employees back to a fundamentally different office environment. If your construction firm is managing a new job site, you’re ensuring employees follow government recommendations for masks and social distancing. And if your restaurant or retail space is now open, you’re monitoring and adjusting how your staff interact with customers.
Risk management has and will always be critical when it comes to ensuring the safety of your Ontario workplace. Certainly, during COVID-19, you’ve quickly adapted to new protocols, requirements and recommendations. You are working to keep yourself, your employees, customers and suppliers as safe as possible. Thankfully, to help manage COVID-19 risks in your workplace there are now some specific government guidelines. Keep reading…
10 tips to keep your Ontario workplace safe during COVID-19
Reporting an insurance claim? Here’s what Canadian businesses need to know…
Worst-case scenarios sometimes happen. There are many situations that are keeping Canadian business owners awake at night.
- For instance, let’s say your directors and officers are being sued for alleged wrongful acts that could result in personal liability and bankruptcy.
- An employee who sees fewer opportunities come their way after creating an internal diversity council decides to sue for alleged discrimination & retaliation.
- Or a sales representative purchasing personal airline tickets on their expense account slowly costs your company hundreds of thousands of dollars.
These are all real Canadian insurance claims. And they are are precisely why business insurance Canada is so vitally important to every company’s bottom line. Whether its D&O insurance, employment practices liability, or expense fraud, the coverage you buy is only as good as its response to an insurance claim situation.
On the other hand, maybe an extreme weather situation caused significant damage that requires a complex rebuild that can only be done by specialty trades. In addition, you might be renovating to attract a new tenant who wants a high value property rental. Or you may simply be closing your doors temporarily due to a difficult economic situation. Keep reading…
96 hours empty? You own a vacant property. Use our online form to get a vacant property insurance quote started now!
ALIGNED in gratitude | We appreciate these Google reviews about us…
As good as one’s word. If you take a look at our homepage, you’ll find a definition of the word ALIGNED. It’s there because we’re constantly mindful of the fact that “joining with others in a cause” is what defines us.
In fact, this one word is what’s driving each one of us, each and every day, to truly be our clients’ advocate in the Canadian insurance marketplace.
Above all, aligning is what we do as business insurance brokers. Likewise, we’re aligned with each other as colleagues, with the best insurance companies in Canada and, most importantly, our clients. This is why why being as good as one’s word is so important to all of us at ALIGNED.
Knowing and trusting that the people you work with truly understand your specific needs is fundamental to any business relationship.
Above all, the fact that so many people we work with are willing to share a Google review about us tells us that our focus on alignment is resonating. When a client puts in a good word about us, we know that more than just a product, we’re delivering value that’s truly aligning with their needs. Keep reading…
Best insurance broker Toronto?
What Toronto clients are saying about ALIGNED!
We’re ALIGNED. Above all, we’re here to help you manage your insurance.
- Insurance claim? Report it 24/7/365. Call 1-844-890-3213.
- Have a question? Call your ALIGNED Advocate or us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448.
- Need insurance? Get your quote started now using our simple online form.
- Get many fully online commercial insurance products on alignedinsurance.com.
- Need to pay an ALIGNED Insurance invoice? You can pay online here.
In conclusion, we’d like to thank you for reading ALIGNMENT Matters Issue 44! Find out more about our story and connect with one of our Canadian business insurance brokers today at 1-866-287-0448! To sum up, our experienced commercial insurance brokers are here to help you to determine the types of coverage you need most.
The pandemic is changing how we live, work and interact with each other. To help understand COVID-19 risks and commercial insurance Canada, bookmark this COVID-19 Info page and read our Insurance Blog. Here’s a selection of recent COVID-19 related news articles that we hope you will find helpful.
- E-news | Reopening, Changing direction? Shifting online during COVID-19?
- E-news | Cyber risks during COVID-19
- What you need to know about COVID-19 and your business insurance
© 2020 ALIGNED Insurance. All rights reserved. ALIGNMENT Matters issue 45 is a publication of ALIGNED Insurance Brokers.
We’re here to help you find the BEST commercial insurance…
Our team of insurance brokers is available to help answer any and all questions you might have about all of our commercial insurance products. If you have a question about business insurance, are uncertain about what a particular insurance coverage term means, or simply want to find commercial insurance that directly aligns with your needs, don’t hesitate to call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448.
It’s time to get your insurance aligned. Want Canadian business insurance that’s ALIGNED with your bottom line? We can help. 365. Call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448.
We’re ALIGNED across Canada. The ALIGNED Insurance National Operations Centre in Cambridge, Ontario supports our Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver offices. We’re proud our industry peers consistently recognize ALIGNED Insurance as one of the best insurance teams in the country. We are also very proud to be one of the fastest growing insurance brokerages in Canada.
We deliver e-news you can use. Get practical business insurance insights in your inbox. 12,000+ people subscribe to our free ALIGNMENT Matters e-news. Just click the JOIN OUR DISTRIBUTION LIST button – at the bottom of our homepage – to connect and learn more about us.
365 | Get ALIGNED. Every day, Canadian business leaders follow our insurance insights via @ALIGNEDonRisk, on Facebook, LinkedIn and watch our YouTube videos here!