Cyber Liability Insurance Quote – Get ALIGNED With More Options
News of successful cyber attacks have become commonplace. Hackers, thieves and other unauthorized individuals exploit weaknesses in corporate computer systems, using hacking methods or social engineering. From the content you put on your website to stored customer data, your cyber exposures are vast. We can help you get a cyber liability insurance quote and options that are specifically designed to address these complex exposures.
Cyber Exclusions – Did You Know?
Unfortunately, a traditional business liability policy is extremely unlikely to protect against most cyber exposures and typically explicitly excludes such coverage. A cyber attack could bring normal business activities to a standstill. Damage could be caused by:
- A malicious code that renders your website unusable
- Distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks that cut off access to your website
- Viruses or worms that attack and delete critical business information
The good news is that the current Canadian insurance marketplace offers good value to first-time buyers of cyber liability coverage.
Cyber Liability – Get 4 Key Risks Covered
- Data breaches, including costs for customer notification, some legal costs and credit monitoring for those affected
- Damages to third-party systems if, for example, an infected email from your servers crashes the system of a customer or vendor
- Data or code loss due to a natural disaster or malicious activity. Physical destruction of equipment is covered under a different policy
- Cyber extortion, including ransomware, which is malicious code installed into a computer on your network that prevents you from accessing it until a ransom is paid
Affordable Cyber Liability Insurance Options For Every Size Of Business
If your data is compromised and normal operations are halted, cyber liability insurance can help pay for interruption related expenses such as:
- Lost income due to the event
- Profits that would have been earned had the event not occurred
- Rented or leased equipment
- Operating expenses, such as utilities, that must be paid even though business has temporarily ceased
Talk to us about your cyber liability insurance needs. Wherever you are located, we can help you get a cyber liability insurance quote that delivers more value and options to your Canadian business.
|ALIGNED Across Canada 100% Canadian owned, ALIGNED is a premiere insurance brokerage that serves more than 1,400 clients across the country. ALIGNED’s offices in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver are supported by a national operations centre in Cambridge, Ontario. Uniquely within the industry, ALIGNED creates, negotiates and delivers the best business insurance and risk management strategies/solutions to organizations like yours.|