From the bidding process to the finished work, there are a lot of steps on the way to building structures in Canada, including the structure of your concrete company. Whether you are a concrete contractor or subcontractor, you need to protect yourself during all of those steps. Concrete work is messy and so is costly litigation. The right concrete company insurance coverage is like a properly installed foundation that keeps your business standing in case the worst happens. We ensure our clients have their business fully protected, regardless of their size or role as concrete contractors.
Liability and Concrete Companies
A lot can go wrong during planning, site prep, formwork, transporting, mixing, placement and finishing of a contract. Potential liability and loss scenarios facing concrete companies include:
- A bad batch of concrete that doesn’t set properly and must be removed and replaced, leading to significant cost overruns and construction delays to a commercial project.
- A homeowner’s child is injured after playing around machinery that was unproperly supervised or stored.
- A concrete mixer is involved in a collision and its driver is deemed to be at fault for the accident.
Our concrete company insurance options can protect you from both premises liability exposures and completed operations liability exposures.
Concrete Company Insurance Coverages in Canada
Each coverage can be tailored to the limits that make sense for you. We can also provide construction bonds for your concrete company to bid on public and commercial contracts. For more information, visit our Types Of Commercial Surety Bonds In Canada page.
Commercial General Liability Insurance – a CGL policy as part of a concrete insurance plan can provide coverage for medical expenses, business property repair or replacement costs as well as legal expenses coverage for lawsuits alleging personal injury, business property damage, libel & slander and false advertising. Legal expenses can include lawyer’s fees costs, out-of-court settlements and awards for damages. You may also need, or need to consider, Pollution Liability Insurance in case of spills and the resulting cleanup and potential liability costs.
Umbrella Liability Insurance – provides coverage for costs of a claim that exceed an underlying policy’s limits.
Business Property Insurance – protects your building and contents in case of perils such as fires, floods, bad weather incidents and more. Coverage can include protection for your concrete tools, machinery and equipment, in transit and on the job site.
Commercial Auto Insurance – of course, your mixing trucks and other construction vehicles need to be properly insured, but what about your trucks, vans, and other passenger vehicles that are used for consulting and other concrete company business? If you or your workers are involved in a collision with one of these vehicles, especially if it has decals on it, your personal auto insurance may not cover the accident claim.
- Insurance For Restoration, Renovation, Remediation And Demolition Contractors
- Can I Buy Business Insurance Per Month In Canada?
- Recommendations For Commercial Building Insurance
- Where Can I Get Online Health And Fitness Liability Insurance In Canada?
- Where Can I Get Parametric Insurance For My Business In Canada?
- Where Can I Get An Office Insurance Quote In Canada?
- Buying Errors And Omissions For Engineering Technicians In Canada
- Where To Buy Flood Insurance In Canada
- Best Insurance For HVAC Contractors In Canada
- Wrap Up Insurance Explained
Cement your concrete company’s reputation and protection with coverage prepared by commercial insurance specialists
At ALIGNED, commercial insurance is all we do. With ALIGNED, you get a commercial insurance company advocating to get you comprehensive concrete company insurance at affordable rates from Canada’s top insurance companies. Contact an ALIGNED advocate to get a free concrete insurance quote in minutes or get started right away by using our free online tool.