Whether you are a business owner that has a catering service, run a catering business from your home, or you are a professional catering company with decades of experience and a massive client list, a simple mistake that goes unnoticed can land your catering company in hot water.
At ALIGNED, we only deal in insurance for businesses so we know exactly how to protect your catering and events company by getting you only the coverage you need that responds when you need it at rates you can afford.
Common Risks Faced by Catering Companies
The following scenarios represent risks that are common in the catering business:
- Accidentally serving spoiled food that causes several guests at a wedding to become ill or one guest at an event you catered claims they got sick because of your food and sues your catering company.
- While catering an event in a client’s home, one of your staff accidentally knocks over an antique vase worth thousands of dollars.
- One of your staff spills water on the floor and a guest slips, falls, and breaks their hip at a private party.
- Despite the signage you put out by the hot trays, a guest touches one and burns their fingers.
Commercial General Liability Insurance as part of your comprehensive catering insurance coverage can protect you from personal injuries, property damage, false advertising claims, and accusations of libel or slander by providing you with coverage for:
- Medical expenses for injuries to clients or third parties
- Costs to repair or replace damaged property
- Lawyer’s fees and defense costs
- Out-of-court settlements
- Awards for damages and judgments against your catering company
It’s important to remember that as catering professionals that serve dozens, if not hundreds of people at a time, a guest, disgruntled client, or even a competitor can file a false claim against you, forcing you to hire a lawyer to go to court and defend the lawsuit to clear your name.
Our CGL policies can also include extensions for:
- Product liability coverage protects you from liability for the food you serve.
- Liquor liability coverage to protect your catering company from the actions of an intoxicated guest and medical related-expenses.
- Tenant legal liability coverage in case your catering company causes damage to a rented property due to a kitchen fire, for example.
Other Recommended Successful Catering Business Insurance Coverages
Property Insurance that includes extensions for:
- What you Should Know About Food and Beverage Insurance
- Liability Insurance for Events – Why You Need One For Hosting Events
- How To Manage Your Social Host Liquor Liability
Get ALIGNED with Commercial Insurance Coverages That Cater to You
We know that catering companies try to save money where they can. Our brokers are not just commercial insurance agents, we’re advocates who work for you. Our job is to protect your catering company by getting you the type of coverage options you need from Canada’s top insurance companies at the best rates possible.
We’re here to help you find the BEST commercial insurance…
Our team of insurance brokers is available to help answer any and all questions you might have about all of our commercial insurance products. If you have a question about business insurance, are uncertain about what a particular insurance coverage term means, or simply want to find commercial insurance that directly aligns with your needs, don’t hesitate to call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448.
It’s time to get insurance value and choice aligned. Want Canadian business insurance that aligns with your bottom line? We can help. 365. Call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448 or click to Get a Quote!
We’re ALIGNED across Canada. The ALIGNED Insurance National Operations Centre in Cambridge, Ontario supports our Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver offices. Our industry peers consistently recognize us as one of Canada’s best insurance teams. 100% Canadian owned, we are super proud to be one of the fastest growing insurance brokerages in the country.
We deliver e-news you can use. Get practical business insurance insights in your inbox every month. 19,000+ people subscribe to our free ALIGNMENT Matters e-news. Just click the JOIN OUR DISTRIBUTION LIST button – at the bottom of our homepage – to get connected.
365 | Get ALIGNED. Every day, Canadian business leaders read our insurance insights. Find us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.