Small Firms | Understanding Architects & Engineers Insurance in Canada
Architects & Engineers Insurance For Small Firms In Canada is available through the experienced Canadian insurance brokers at ALIGNED Insurance.
ALIGNED Insurance brokers handle Architects & Engineers Insurance For Small Firms In Canada including:
- Professional liability insurance for environmental engineers
- Professional liability insurance for mechanical engineers
- Professional liability insurance for structural engineers
- Professional liability insurance for electrical engineers
- Professional liability insurance for other engineers & architects
- Professional liability insurance for BCIN Designers
How Does Architects & Engineers Insurance For Small Firms In Canada Work?
Architects and engineers are integral in ensuring the successful design and implementation of all development projects, and, as a result, are exposed to considerable risks which is why having the right Architects & Engineers Insurance for small firms in Canada is critical. ALIGNED Insurance is an independent insurance brokerage and works with more than 65 of Canada’s top insurers including Victor (formerly named ENCON). Victor is one of the Canadian leaders of insurance for Architects & Engineers Insurance For Small Firms In Canada, is endorsed by the Association of Consulting Engineering Companies Canada and Engineers Canada. The right architects & engineers insurance for small firms in Canada helps protect organizations from claims and allegations of professional negligence on the part of the business owner or the firm’s employees.
Typical Coverage Features of Architects & Engineers Insurance For Small Firms In Canada
- Policy Form – architects & engineers insurance for small firms in Canada is written on a claims-made and reported basis with full coverage for prior acts
- Policy Period – Limits can be purchased on an annual basis or for a three-year policy term
- Capacity – Limits are available on a per claim and aggregate basis as follows:
- Low minimum premiums
- Simplified application form
- Duty to defend worldwide
- Defence costs in excess of the limit in Canada
- Zero deductible for qualifying risks
- First dollar defence coverage worldwide
- Punitive and exemplary damages coverage, where insurable by law
- Full retroactive coverage
- Broad definition of Named Insured
- Broad definition of Professional Services
- Design-build coverage
- Equity interest coverage where the insured’s interest does not exceed
25 per cent
- Joint ventures with other design professionals
- Pollution liability coverage
- Disciplinary action expense coverage ($25,000 sublimit)
- Occupational Health and Safety Act expense coverage ($25,000 sublimit)
- Loss of documents expense coverage ($25,000 sublimit)
- Crisis Event expense coverage ($25,000 sublimit)
- Breach of confidentiality coverage ($250,000 sublimit)
- Libel and slander coverage ($250,000 sublimit)
- Outside Directorship coverage (ODL) for non-profit organizations ($250,000 sublimit)
- Territory covered by architects & engineers insurance for small firms in Canada – Services rendered and claims made anywhere in the world
- Guaranteed annual premiums for term
How Do I Get A Quote For Architects & Engineers Insurance For Small Firms In Canada?
- Step#1 Complete this application for architects & engineers insurance for small firms in Canada (click here)
- Step#2 Email the completed application to email@example.com
For questions or to learn more about Architects & Engineers Insurance For Small Firms In Canada speak to an ALIGNED Insurance broker today at 1-866-287-0448
Other Related Posts:
Additional Insurance Coverages For Canadian Architectural & Engineering Firms
- Commercial Umbrella Liability
- Cyber Security and Privacy Liability Extension
- Commercial General Liability (CGL)
- Employment practices wrongful act liability coverage
- Retirement program for sole practitioners of design firms
We’re here to help you find the BEST commercial insurance…
Our team of insurance brokers is available to help answer any and all questions you might have about all of our commercial insurance products. If you have a question about business insurance, are uncertain about what a particular coverage term means, or simply want to find commercial insurance that directly aligns with your needs, don’t hesitate to call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448.
It’s time to get your insurance aligned. Want Canadian business insurance that’s ALIGNED with your bottom line? We can help. 365. Call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448.
We’re ALIGNED across Canada. The ALIGNED Insurance National Operations Centre in Cambridge, Ontario supports our Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver offices. We’re proud our industry peers consistently recognize ALIGNED Insurance as one of the best insurance teams in the country. We are also very proud to be one of the fastest growing insurance brokerages in Canada.
We deliver e-news you can use. Get practical business insurance insights in your inbox. 12,000+ people subscribe to our free ALIGNMENT Matters e-news. Just click the JOIN OUR DISTRIBUTION LIST button – at the bottom of our homepage – to connect and learn more about us.
365 | Get ALIGNED. Every day, Canadian business leaders follow our insurance insights via @ALIGNEDonRisk, on Facebook, LinkedIn and watch our YouTube videos here!