From digital ads to email campaigns to printed materials, your ad agency’s creativity helps communicate your clients’ messaging and product offerings to the masses. But there are liability risks that come with publishing content in the public sphere – among others.
Our advertising agency insurance packages are customized to protect you from the risks specific to your agency and help keep you in the ad game for years to come.
Why Do Advertising Agencies Need Insurance?
Common risk scenarios faced by advertising agencies include:
- A social media campaign suggested by your agency results in negative publicity for your client that causes harm to their reputation and a drop in their sales.
- One of your client’s competitors claims that advertising materials created by your firm contain copy or graphics similar to theirs and makes a claim of copyright infringement against your agency.
- A client is unhappy with the results of your services, claims that they haven’t received any uplift in their sales or website traffic, and sues your agency for false advertising or breach of contract.
Remember that a lawsuit, whether it has merit or not, can cause significant damage to your firm’s finances and reputation. Ensuring your advertising agency against those claims is integral to your long-term success.
The most important coverage in any ad agency’s insurance portfolio is Media Liability Insurance. Media liability insurance is a policy specifically designed to address the legal risks faced by both traditional and digital advertisers and marketers.
Media Liability insurance is typically bundled with a Commercial General Liability Insurance policy. CGL policies can protect your advertising agency’s day-to-day operations from lawsuits alleging personal injury (e.g. a slip-and-fall injury) and property damage (e.g. a fire started in your office).
If your advertising agency is served with a claim, our policies can provide you with coverage for:
- Lawyer’s fees
- Defense costs
- Out-of-court settlements
- Awards for damages
Acts covered by our Media Liability/CGL policies include:
- Copyright/trademark infringement (coverage also includes defense of your own intellectual property)
- Breach of confidentiality
- Errors and omissions, negligence
- Breach of contract
- False advertising
- Deceptive trade practices
- Invasion of privacy, trespassing
- Harassment, emotional distress, unlawful detention
Other Insurance Coverages for Advertising Agencies
ALIGN your advertising agency with coverage customized by commercial insurance specialists.
Ensuring professionals and businesses is all we do. We work with Canada’s top insurance companies and can save you money, time, and the hassle of shopping around for the right insurance at the best rates by leveraging our relationships and expertise in commercial insurance coverages.
- How Much Is Insurance For A Marketing & Media Company In Canada?
- Your Guide to Digital Marketing Consultant Insurance
- Understanding Public Relations Firm Insurance
It’s time to get insurance value and choice aligned. Want Canadian business insurance that aligns with your bottom line? We can help. 365. Call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448 or click to Get a Quote!
We’re ALIGNED across Canada. The ALIGNED Insurance National Operations Centre in Cambridge, Ontario supports our Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver offices. Our industry peers consistently recognize us as one of Canada’s best insurance teams. 100% Canadian-owned, we are super proud to be one of the fastest-growing insurance brokerages in the country.
We deliver e-news you can use. Get practical business insurance insights in your inbox every month. 19,000+ people subscribe to our free ALIGNMENT Matters e-news. Just click the JOIN OUR DISTRIBUTION LIST button – at the bottom of our homepage – to get connected.
365 | Get ALIGNED. Every day, Canadian business leaders read our insurance insights. Find us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.