From website design to SEO to social media campaigns, your clients rely on your expertise to make their brands relevant and profitable in the digital space. If work or guidance fails to produce to their expectations and/or results in a loss of revenue, they may choose to pursue litigation against your agency. Digital marketing/advertising consultants insurance brokered by ALIGNED is designed to protect digital marketing companies of all sizes from the liability and business risks you face.
Potential Liability Scenarios Digital Marketing Consultants Insurance Can Shield You From
The following scenarios that digital marketing consultants commonly face can leave your business exposed to liability:
- Your advice or campaign strategy doesn’t deliver the anticipated metrics that a client claims you guaranteed
- A social media campaign backfires and results in negative sentiment/backlash against your client who experiences a loss in sales
- A website your team designs or marketing assets (e.g. logos, infographics, video or copy) you’ve created are alleged to infringe on someone else’s copyrighted or trademarked property
- Deliverables are not submitted by a deadline which causes a product launch delay and lost sales
- A staff member visits a malicious site which leads to a breach of your system and either exposes sensitive information or gets you locked out of your data
- A client comes to your office and slips on a wet floor, causing an injury
The liability insurance coverages that are typically included in a digital marketing insurance portfolio can help mitigate your legal liabilities in the above scenarios by providing you with coverage for:
- Lawyer’s fees
- Defence costs
- Out-of-court settlements
- Judgements against your business
The next section gives brief descriptions of those liability insurance coverages and links to each product page.
Digital Marketing Agency Consultants Insurance – What’s Covered?
The following insurance coverages are customizable as is your digital marketing professionals insurance policy. These are the coverages we recommend that address the risks faced by digital marketing firms:
Professional & Media Liability Insurance can provide professional liability insurance for marketing consultant from allegations of professional negligence, incompetence, breach of contract, errors and omissions that a client believes led to their losses.
Commercial General Liability Insurance is standard liability coverage for all marketing consulting businesses and can cover your legal costs for lawsuits alleging personal injury, property damage, false advertising and libel/slander.
Property Insurance can cover your company from losses in case perils such as fires, flooding, windstorms, break-ins or other named perils damage or destroy your building and/or the contents inside. You may also want to consider the following business property insurance extensions:
- Business Interruption coverage which reimburses your company for income lost due to an insured peril; and
- Extra Expense coverage for the costs of setting up a temporary business location following an insured peril.
Cyber Liability & Privacy Insurance can protect business against the costs of a cyber breach including third-party losses, ransomware demands and the costs of repairing systems and data. It can also protect you from liability associated with a breach of private and/or personal information you hold, have access to and/or use while providing services to your clients.
Commercial Auto Insurance / Commercial Vehicle Insurance for vehicles used by you and your marketing consultants to get to client meetings or photoshoots, for example. Personal auto insurance will not cover you for an accident that occurred when a vehicle was being used for work purposes.
Get ALIGNED with a Commercial Insurance Expert Who Will Advocate for You
Let the commercial insurance professionals at ALIGNED save you time, money and stress. We are your advocate to get you exactly the professional liability insurance policy you need at competitive rates. Contact an ALIGNED advocate to discuss how a digital marketing consultancy insurance can help protect your business and minimize risks. Use our online tool to get a quote on digital marketing agency insurance in minutes.
- How Much Is Insurance For A Marketing & Media Company In Canada?
- Shopify Retailer Insurance
- Social Media Influencer Liability Insurance
- Where Can I Get Online Health And Fitness Liability Insurance In Canada?
- How To Get Cyber Liability Insurance Online In Canada
- Online Commercial Insurance Products
- Why You Should Opt for Sole Proprietorship Insurance in Canada
- Why Do I Need A Commercial Insurance Broker?
- Is Cyber Insurance Mandatory In Canada?
- Best Personal Training and Trainer Business Insurance Online In Canada
We’re here to help you find the BEST commercial insurance…
Our team of insurance brokers is available to help answer any and all questions you might have about all of our commercial insurance products. If you have a question about business insurance, are uncertain about what a particular insurance coverage term means, or simply want to find commercial insurance that directly aligns with your needs, don’t hesitate to call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448.
It’s time to get your insurance aligned. Want Canadian business insurance that’s ALIGNED with your bottom line? We can help. 365. Call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448.
We’re ALIGNED across Canada. The ALIGNED Insurance National Operations Centre in Cambridge, Ontario supports our Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver offices. We’re proud our industry peers consistently recognize ALIGNED Insurance as one of the best insurance teams in the country. We are also very proud to be one of the fastest growing insurance brokerages in Canada.
We deliver e-news you can use. Get practical business insurance insights in your inbox. 12,000+ people subscribe to our free ALIGNMENT Matters e-news. Just click the JOIN OUR DISTRIBUTION LIST button – at the bottom of our homepage – to connect and learn more about us.
365 | Get ALIGNED. Every day, Canadian business leaders follow our insurance insights via @ALIGNEDonRisk, on Facebook, LinkedIn and watch our YouTube videos here!