Renting A Vehicle For Business Use
|Need Information On Renting A Vehicle For Business Use? Call us toll free at 1-866-287-0448 &/or visit our website.
If your business travel includes renting a vehicle for business use, safety and risk management are necessary considerations. The following provides information about renting a vehicle for business use, safely operating a rental vehicle and what to do in the event of an accident.
Renting A Vehicle For Business Use Basics
- List both and your name on the rental agreement.
- List ’s business address, not your home address, on the contract.
- If physical damage coverage for ’s commercial auto policy is not necessary, waive the coverage.
- Do not purchase gas from the rental agency. Rather, fill the vehicle prior to returning it.
Renting A Vehicle For Business Use Driving Tips
- Use seat belts at all times. Let other workers ride with you only if the vehicle has a seat belt for each person.
- Before you begin driving, check your map and become familiar with the vehicle’s mirrors, lights, wipers, windows and other components, and make adjustments as needed.
- Do not use your cell phone while driving. If you receive a call, pull over at a safe location and return the call. Never text while driving.
- Always drive the speed limit.
- If you start to feel tired or drowsy while driving, stop and take a break.
- In bad weather conditions, slow down and drive cautiously. If the weather becomes too severe to drive safely, pull over at the nearest safe place and wait it out.
- Do not drink and drive.
Renting A Vehicle For Business Use & What To Do In the Event of an Accident
- Stay calm. Do not argue with others involved in the accident.
- Call an ambulance if anyone is injured. Assist those injured but do not administer first aid unless you are qualified.
- Call the police. Do not discuss what happened with anyone except the police.
- Do not admit responsibility for the accident, or sign a statement.
- Do not disclose policy limits to anyone.
- Telephone a report to and fill out the company’s “What to do in Case of a Claim” form.
|ALIGNED Across Canada 100% Canadian owned, ALIGNED is a premiere insurance brokerage that serves more than 1,400 clients across the country. ALIGNED’s offices in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver are supported by a national operations centre in Cambridge, Ontario. Uniquely within the industry, ALIGNED creates, negotiates and delivers the best business insurance and risk management strategies/solutions to organizations like yours.|