A poultry farm is a farm that specializes in raising domesticated birds, such as chickens, geese, or turkeys to produce and sell products like eggs or meat. Those who run poultry farms have several responsibilities to ensure their smooth, safe and stable operation. However, running a farm of any kind isn’t without risk. Luckily, poultry farm insurance can help you mitigate the financial fallout of unforeseen events. Keep reading to learn how ALIGNED can help you find a customized commercial insurance policy for your poultry farm that is custom built for your operations, preferences and budget.
What is covered by poultry farm insurance?
The following coverage may be included with your poultry farm insurance policy:
- Commercial general liability insurance: Commercial general liability coverage protects your poultry farm from claims of third party bodily injury and property damage. Specifically, if a claim was brought against you, it would cover the associated medical expenses, repair bills, legal fees, etc. up to the policy limit.
- Product liability insurance: Product liability insurance can be included with commercial general liability insurance and will come in handy if your poultry farm sells products to consumers, such as eggs or meat. For example, if you sell products to distributors or even have a farmers’ market on-site that sells food, beverages, or other products, product liability insurance can protect you in the event that a product you sell results in property damage or bodily injury to another and they sue you.
- Commercial property insurance: Commercial property insurance can protect your poultry farm and any business-related contents from property damage caused by an insured peril. Insured perils may include windstorms, fire, theft, water damage, vandalism, and more.
- Farm equipment breakdown insurance: Equipment breakdown coverage protects a wide range of equipment, including farming equipment, against internal or mechanical failures from covered perils like electrical arching etc.. This means that if a piece of your farm equipment broke down due to a covered sudden and accidental event, your insurer might cover the cost of repairing or replacing it.
- Commercial auto insurance: Commercial auto insurance is important if your poultry farm uses vehicles for commercial purposes, such as to transport products to and from distributors. Commercial auto insurance policies vary but may feature third party liability coverage, comprehensive coverage, uninsured automobile coverage, accident benefits coverage, collision coverage, and more.
- Pollution liability insurance: Since working on a poultry farm can involve environmental hazards, pollution liability coverage is important. This coverage can protect your business from claims of third party bodily injury, property damage, or environmental damage resulting from your operations.
What is not covered by poultry farm insurance?
As with any commercial insurance policy, poultry farm insurance may contain certain exclusions. Exclusions will ultimately vary by provider and between policies, but the following are typically not covered by poultry farm insurance:
- Covert or illegal product sales
- Acts of war and terrorism
- Nuclear explosions and radioactivity
- Neglect or abuse
- Failure to take initiative when animals are sick or injured
- Illnesses, injuries, and accidents prior to the start of your policy
If you would like any of the above to be included with your poultry farm insurance policy, please contact a broker at ALIGNED and explain your unique insurance needs so we can find you a great policy.
Factors that may impact poultry farm insurance costs
The cost of poultry farm insurance varies greatly. This is because insurance companies consider multiple factors when calculating premiums. Some of the factors that come into play for poultry farm insurance may include:
- The size and location of your poultry farm
- Your poultry farm’s annual and projected gross revenue
- Your insurance claims history
- The products sold by your poultry farm
- Your years of experience in the field
- The number of employees at your poultry farm
- The coverage, policy limits, and policy deductibles you choose
ALIGN your poultry farm with commercial insurance coverage that meets your needs
Are you ready to align your poultry farm with top-notch coverage at a competitive rate? You are in the right place. The experts at ALIGNED would be pleased to match your poultry farm with a comprehensive commercial insurance policy. Give us a call to speak with an ALIGNED insurance broker today or click here for a free quote. No matter how you choose to get in touch, we will work tirelessly to find your farm a policy that meets its needs.