Builders risk – what’s required?
Construction risks happen. And that’s why there’s a specific product built to meet on the job risks.
Builders risk insurance Canada is designed to cover property during the construction period. This period can include renovation and repair. Builders risk coverage is typically is purchased by either property owners or general contractors.
DYK? Most Canadian commercial property policies exclude or null and void coverage if major renovations or construction to a building is above a certain threshold and not fully/properly disclosed to the current property insurance companies.ALIGNED – Builders RISK INSURANCE EXPLAINED
There are additional risks and responsibilities inherent in construction, renovation and/or repair work that a typical property policy is not designed or priced to cover.
This is why all parties that have property involved in a project should be named in the insurance policy. Parties may include the owner, contractor, subcontractors, the financial institution funding the project and, in some cases, the architects and engineers too.
Need a commercial builders quote?
Scroll down. It takes minutes to get your builders risk insurance quote started!
How much will builders risk cost?
There isn’t a simple answer to this question. The cost of insurance is determined by many things. Including:
- Replacement cost value of the project
- Construction timeline
- Site security, fencing, proximity to fire hydrants and/or stations etc.
Here’s some builders risk insurance coverage highlights
- Broad Form Coverage
- Flood & Earthquake Available
- Adjustable Policies For Larger Project
To get your builders risk quote started, we just need some basic details bout your project. This info will enable us to secure bindable quotes and provide a precise answer.
Simplified | Get A Quote in Builders Risk Insurance
- Complete the attached Builders Risk insurance Application. This application is quick to fill out and our insurance brokers who specialize in builders risk insurance are available to answer any questions you may have about the form.
- Email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to one of our many expert Canadian insurance brokers. We’ll get back to you quickly with options.
Get many types of build projects covered
- Blanket Builders Risk Insurance For Subdivisions
- Builders Risk Insurance For Renovation Projects, including Heritage Buildings
- Custom Homes
- Commercial Builders
- Log Homes