ALIGNED Proudly Supports Girl Guides of Canada
ALIGNED Insurance believes that it is a privilege to handle our clients insurance needs and that it is our corporate social responsibility to give generously and regularly to support the great work charitable and not profits organizations do every day across Canada.
As part of our commitment to give regularly, every month an ALIGNED advocate selects a Canadian charity of their choice and ALIGNED makes a donation to that organization on their behalf. In honour of International Women’s Day (IWD) 2016 , Laura Van Vliet selected the Girl Guides of Canada for the month of March, as they are the selected charity partner for IWD 2016.
Girl Guides of Canada is a place that sparks the imagination of girls to take their place in the world and take action on what matters to them. Support of Girl Guides of Canada makes it possible to:
- Develop and deliver leading edge, effective and relevant programming for girls across Canada.
- Recruit and train leaders to deliver girl-centered programming.
- Offer innovative programs in areas such as self-esteem, bullying prevention and environmental stewardship.
- Help members connect to the wider world through national exchange programs, international travel and global development projects and discussions.
- Fund scholarships for members enrolled in college or university
ALIGNED Supports The International #PledgeForParity
As the campaign theme of IWD 2016 is #PledgeForParity the Girl Guides of Canada is a great charity partner of choice. To celebrate IWD 2016, ALIGNED staff were encouraged to take action and make their own #PledgeForParity.
The campaign supports individuals and groups in taking a concrete step to achieve gender parity more quickly in ways such as:
- Helping women and girls achieve their ambitions
- Calling for gender-balanced leadership, respect as well as differing values
- Developing more inclusive and flexible cultures and rooting out workplace bias