Employment consultancies help match qualified candidates with meaningful, fulfilling jobs. So if you run an employment consultancy, then you provide an important service. However, operating an employment consultancy isn’t without risk. Beyond the everyday risks that come with running a business, you may also face extra liability risks should the advice you give have negative consequences. That is why you need employment consultant insurance. As a full-service commercial insurance brokerage, ALIGNED can help you find a dynamic policy tailor-made to your consultancy’s needs. Keep reading to learn more about how employment consultancy works, how much it costs, and how to purchase it through an ALIGNED broker.
Insurance coverage options for employment consultants
Employment consultant insurance policies vary but most consultancy owners will have the option of choosing from the following coverage types:
- Professional liability coverage: Professional liability coverage, also known as errors and omissions insurance, protects your employment consultancy against the cost of a lawsuit alleging error, misconduct, misrepresentation, or failure to deliver a service as promised. This could be especially useful if you or your employment consultancy is ever accused of negligence, an act or action tha resulted in a financial loss by your client or breach of confidentiality.
- Commercial general liability insurance: Commercial general liability insurance is important for all businesses, including employment consultancies, as it can protect them against third party bodily injury or property damage claims. For example, if a client visits your office and slips and falls on a wet floor in the lobby, they could sue you. Luckily, thanks to commercial general liability insurance, your insurer would cover any legal fees and medical expenses up to the policy limit.
- Commercial property insurance: Commercial property insurance protects your consultancy’s office space and any business-related contents (such as computers or furniture) from damage caused by an insured peril. It is up to each policyholder to decide which perils to include with their policies. Perils may range from fire and theft to water damage, windstorms, vandalism, and more.
- Cyber liability insurance: Cyber liability insurance can help protect your consultancy, its clients, and its employees from a cyberattack, hack, or data breach. This type of insurance will cover the cost of damages and legal fees, such as credit monitoring, client notification, and more, if your consultancy is the victim of a hack.
- Crime insurance: Crime insurance can help mitigate the financial losses of employee or customer crimes against your employment consultancy, such as internal theft, forgery, fraud, and employee dishonesty.
The cost of employment consultancy insurance
If you’re interested in buying commercial insurance for your employment consultancy, you might be wondering how much it costs. The answer? It depends. Insurance providers take a multitude of factors into account when calculating insurance premiums, including the location of your consultancy and the number of people you employ. A few of the top factors influencing the cost of employment consultant insurance are as follows:
- The location of your employment consultancy
- The services your employment consultancy offers
- The number of employees you have
- Your insurance claims history
- Your certifications, training, and experience
- Your employment consultancy’s annual and projected gross revenue
- The coverage types, policy limits, and policy deductibles you choose
As the cost of employment consultant insurance varies so widely, we suggest contacting a trusted insurance broker at ALIGNED to learn more about how employment consultant insurance premiums are calculated. We will take the time to explain each of the factors that insurance companies consider and can even provide you with an accurate and competitive quote. This way, you will have an idea of how much employment consultant insurance will cost your business.
It is important to note that while insurance brokers at ALIGNED can help you find policies at affordable prices and even unlock discounts on your behalf, we do not set premiums. Instead, insurance premiums are determined by insurance companies. That said, an insurance broker at ALIGNED can still help you shop around for employment consultant insurance, compare rates, and even explain the process of modifying a future policy or filing a claim.
How can I purchase employment consultant insurance?
Purchasing insurance for your employment consultancy has never been easier thanks to ALIGNED. While you can choose to buy employment consultant insurance directly through an insurance company, doing so could lead to higher rates. That is why we recommend purchasing commercial insurance through a brokerage like ALIGNED. ALIGNED offers a convenient, hassle-free insurance experience – one that saves you both time and money. First, we work independently of insurance companies, meaning you can count on us to provide direct, honest, and unbiased advice on the right policy for your business. Second, we work tirelessly to find you the best possible coverage at the most competitive rate. We contact top insurance providers, obtain quotes from each, and compare policies to give you the best value. Plus, since we take care of everything, you can spend your free time relaxing rather than scouring the internet for insurance.
Get ALIGNED with personalized insurance for your employment consultancy
Still have questions about employment consultant insurance? Get in touch with ALIGNED now. One of our knowledgeable and friendly brokers will be pleased to answer your questions and explain all the ways that employment consultant insurance can benefit you. You can also get started by clicking here for a free quote.