Do you own a dog park? ALIGNED is here to help you find the right insurance coverage for your dog park business.
The benefits of dog park insurance
First and foremost, dog park insurance offers financial protection for unexpected and unfortunate events. With the right coverage, dog park owners can rest easy knowing they are protected in a wide range of circumstances. For example, if a dog owner accidentally trips and falls while in the park, they could sue you. Alternatively, if a windstorm destroys your dog park, it could cost a lot of money to repair or replace parts or all of it. In either of these scenarios, having dog park insurance could help cover the costs of a lawsuit or repair.
Who needs dog park insurance?
If you own or operate a private dog park, you could benefit from dog park insurance. Dog park insurance is suitable for parks of all sizes and locations.
How much does dog park insurance cost?
Insurance companies consider several factors when calculating premiums. Dog park owners might find it helpful to understand which details affect their insurance costs. A list of some of the most common factors insurance companies uses to determine rates is below.
- The size and location of your dog park
- Your insurance claims history
- Your years of experience
- Your dog park’s annual and projected gross revenue
- The coverage types, policy limits, and policy deductibles you choose
What coverage does my dog park need?
Coverages vary by policy, but many dog park insurance policies include the following:
- Commercial general liability insurance: Commercial general liability insurance, otherwise known as slip and fall insurance, aims to protect your dog park from claims of third-party bodily injury or property damage. For example, if a customer tripped and fell while playing with their dog in your park, they could sue you for damages. But with commercial general liability insurance, your insurer would cover the legal defence and settlement costs, as well as any applicable medical expenses, up to the policy limit.
- Commercial property insurance: Commercial property insurance protects your dog park property and any business-related contents on the premises. Specifically, commercial property insurance protects your park from damage caused by an insured peril. Insured perils vary but may include fire, theft, windstorms, water damage, and vandalism.
- Umbrella liability insurance: Umbrella liability insurance is one final type of insurance coverage that dog park owners might find beneficial. This coverage takes effect when regular liability limits are exceeded. It protects against unforeseen catastrophic events.
Choose ALIGNED for all your dog park insurance needs.
Are you ready to take the plunge and purchase insurance for your dog park? ALIGNED can help. We are commercial insurance experts, meaning we can help you find great coverage at a competitive rate in no time. What are you waiting for? Contact ALIGNED today to get started, or click here for a free quote.