Demolition Contractors Insurance Overview
Demolition definition: the tearing down of buildings and other structures. Demolition contrasts with deconstruction, which involves taking a building apart while carefully preserving valuable elements for reuse. Source: Wikipedia
Who Needs Demolition Insurance?
Demolition liability insurance protects contractors against a broad range of potential common claims, including bodily injury, property damage, or personal injury.
Examples of those who need demolition insurance:
- Demolition contractors
- General contractors
- Piling contractors
- Blasting contractors
- Welding contractors
What Does Demolition Insurance Cover, and How Do I know I have The Right Coverage?
Demolition insurance coverages are similar to those found in other commercial general liability insurance policies but are tailored to demolition companies’ unique needs. As contractors are faced with numerous potential liabilities, it is important to ensure that the right demolition contractor insurance coverage is in place.
The following are some real claims examples to illustrate the need for contractors to have a demolition insurance policy:
- A pedestrian passing by the demolition site is hit with a piece of debris and subsequently requires medical attention
- A spark from a welder’s torch causes fire damage in a shopping mall
- Motor vehicle accident blamed on road work construction activity
- A pedestrian is injured when they trip and fall onto hot asphalt that was recently applied as part of a road work project
- Grading activities cause piled-up earth to slide onto third-party premises
- Water damage to the existing portion of the renovation project caused by improper excavation techniques
|ALIGNED Across Canada
100% Canadian-owned, ALIGNED is a premiere insurance brokerage serving thousands of clients across the country. ALIGNED’s offices in Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver are supported by a national operations centre in Cambridge, Ontario. Uniquely within the industry, ALIGNED creates, negotiates, and delivers the best demolition business insurance and risk management strategies/solutions to organizations like yours. Get a free quote today!