Demolition Insurance Overview
Demolition def: the tearing-down of buildings and other structures. Demolition contrasts with deconstruction, which involves taking a building apart while carefully preserving valuable elements for re-use. Source: Wikipedia
Who Needs Demolition Insurance?
Demolition insurance provides contractors with protection against a broad range of potential common claims, including bodily injury, property damage or personal injury.
Examples of those who need demolition insurance:
- Demolition contractors
- General contractors
- Piling contractors
- Blasting contractors
- Welding contractors
What Does Demolition Insurance Cover and How Do I know I have The Right Coverage?
Demolition insurance coverages are similar to those found in other commercial general liability policies, but are tailored to its unique needs. As contractors are faced with numerous potential liabilities, it is important to ensure that the right insurance coverage is in place.
Real claims examples to illustrate the need for demolition insurance;
- A pedestrian passing by the demolition site is hit with a piece of debris and subsequently requires medical attention
- A spark from a welder’s torch causes fire damage in a shopping mall
- Motor vehicle accident blamed on road work construction activity
- A pedestrian is injured when they trip and fall onto hot asphalt that was recently applied as part of a road work project
- Grading activities cause piled up earth to slide onto third party premises
- Water damage to existing portion of renovation project caused by improper excavation techniques
|ALIGNED Across Canada
100% Canadian owned, ALIGNED is a premiere insurance brokerage that serves more than 1,400 clients across the country. ALIGNED’s offices in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver are supported by a national operations centre in Cambridge, Ontario. Uniquely within the industry, ALIGNED creates, negotiates and delivers the best business insurance and risk management strategies/solutions to organizations like yours.