ALIGNED Proudly Supports Canadian Blood Services
ALIGNED Insurance believes that it is a privilege to handle our clients insurance needs and that it is our corporate social responsibility to give generously and regularly to support the great work charitable and non profits organizations do every day across Canada.
As part of our commitment to give regularly, every month an ALIGNED Advocate selects a Canadian charity of their choice and ALIGNED makes a donation to that organization on their behalf. In recognition of the great work they do Darcy Franko-Felice selected Canadian Blood Services for June, 2016.
More About Canadian Blood Services
“Canadian Blood Services is a not-for-profit, charitable organization operating at arm’s length from government. Its sole mission is to manage the blood supply for Canadians. Created in 1998, it is the successor to the Canadian Red Cross Blood Program and the Canadian Blood Agency (the former funding arm of Canada’s blood supply system).
Canadian patients depend on us to manage a safe, secure and cost-effective blood system. We bring quality to every aspect of our work – from collecting, testing and manufacturing blood, blood components and stem cells to knowledge creation and dissemination to conducting ground-breaking research.
Our role also includes providing the following unique services to Canadians:
- Operating the OneMatch Stem Cell and Marrow Network
- Building and operating Canadian Blood Services’ Cord Blood Bank
- Leading national practices, professional education, public awareness and system performance activities for organ and tissue donation and transplantation
- Managing national patient registries for organ donation and transplantation
- Bulk purchasing of pharmaceutical plasma protein products
- Providing diagnostic laboratory testing services in some provinces
- Conducting leading-edge research and advancing practice in transfusion and transplantation medicine nationally and internationally
Source: Canadian Blood Services