Buyers Guide | Errors and omissions – aka E&O – for Canadian design project managers
The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. This familiar old adage rings true for many professionals, especially design project managers. The responsibilities of design project managers are as diverse as they are complex. This is why clients count on you to thoroughly understand the design build process and how to best navigate a project from inception through to successful completion.
Related Matters: What is course of construction insurance and how does it work?
This article provides some invaluable insights when you are looking at errors and omissions insurance for design project managers in Canada.
Form follows function | How design project managers can proactively manage project risks
Your business is built on understanding the big picture and, most importantly, the steps that need to be undertaken in order to actually get there. As a design project manager, there are many outcomes you are expected to deliver. Inevitably, you will encounter risks along the way.
Even before your next commercial building or renovation project breaks ground, you can set the groundwork to manage some of the common exposures your business will face. You and your team members can do this by:
- Understanding your client’s goals, constraints and specifications for the project.
- Ensuring that all building, accessibility and environmental codes and standards are understood, met and/or exceeded.
- Selecting materials and finishes that meet functional, performance, maintenance, environmental and safety performance requirements.
- Knowing how the installation process should work for each individual element. This can include millwork, equipment, fixtures and finishes as well as furniture.
- Documenting everything – keeping thorough and current records of budgets, bids, contracts, job site reviews, schedules, health and safety records and all construction documents.1
At every stage, clients rely upon their design project manager’s professional experience to ensure that t’s are crossed and i’s are dotted. As a trusted strategic advisor to your clients, it is always in your best interest to have the best protection in place for your business.
Errors and omissions – Essential liability coverage for Canadian design project managers
From the ground up, errors and omissions insurance for design project managers is built for people who give advice, make educated recommendations, design solutions, and/or represents the needs of others.
More specifically, E&O insurance is designed to cover large legal defence costs that are incurred trying to prove liability or innocence as well as the final judgment if your business does not win the lawsuit.
Click to download our application for errors and omissions insurance for design project managers in Canada
Note: You can also get aligned with commercial general liability insurance for project managers when you complete the ALIGNED Insurance application form.
Every day, you face unique risks and exposures as a design project manager. This why we make it simple and straightforward to buy errors and omissions insurance.
To get started, you just need to download our application for errors and omissions insurance for design project managers. Once you have completed the application, return it to us at email@example.com.
An experienced ALIGNED commercial insurance broker will contact you to discuss all the details of your design project management business. And they will work with you to get you aligned with the best E&O coverage for your commercial operations.
Should you have any questions about applying for errors and omissions insurance for design project managers, simply call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448.
Why choose an insurance brokerage that specializes in commercial insurance?
Focus. It’s what distinguishes you as a design project manager and it’s also what sets us apart as an insurance brokerage. There’s a vast difference between business and personal lines insurance and here at ALIGNED, since day one, we’ve made commercial insurance our sole and dedicated focus.
Related Matters: Get an online building design professional liability insurance quote
This is why each one of our team members is exclusively focused on delivering the best commercial insurance options to our clients. And our focus is what has led us to consistently exceed client expectations.
Related Matters: 2017 Insurance Business Award Winner ALIGNED Insurance Brokers
Following are a few recent examples of what our clients have to say the work we’ve done to get their business aligned with the best commercial insurance products and solutions.
- “…we have benefited from the depth of knowledge around complex insurance policies and risk management applications that Andrew and his team deliver across a range of industries and commercial policies that have benefited many of our clients. Thanks Andrew…keep up the amazing work!”
- “I needed general information about insurances for starting a business, and decided to contact ALIGNED insurance and the person who I spoke to was very helpful and efficient. Thank you looking forward to working with you in the future!”
- “Great customer service! As a university student, they didn’t hesitate to help me out with my project! They quickly gave a quota without being annoyed at the fact I am just a student! Unlike other insurance companies, I have to say you guys are so polite and kind!”
- “I came to ALIGNED for a CGL, great customer service and excellent quote.”
- “Thanks so much!”
- “I had emailed ALIGNED Insurance in regards to a few pricing questions. I received an instant response and the information provided was very helpful. Thanks.”
All of the preceding comments can be found on Google. Please note that we do not include the names of people who comment. To read more Google reviews about us, simply search for ALIGNED Insurance on Google.
Known for our commercial insurance insights – 850+ insights and counting
We know that keeping current in your field of expertise is one of the most important things you can do as a design project manager. This is why we regularly update our website to provide useful and current information about commercial insurance products and services. We provide the information our clients need to stay current when making insurance decisions.
To learn more about some of the most popular commercial coverages in Canada, simply click on any of the subjects below:
- Directors & Officers (D&O) Insurance
- Commercial General Liability (CGL) Insurance
- Cyber Liability & Privacy Insurance
- Commercial Auto Insurance
- Employment Practices Liability (EPL) Insurance
- Office Insurance
- Property Insurance
- Protection & Indemnity (P&I) Insurance
- Umbrella Liability Insurance
Don’t leave any details to chance. Download our application form now. Get errors and omissions insurance for design project managers with ALIGNED.
Read more about E&O, commercial insurance and related business coverages
- Errors and Omissions Insurance
- Commercial General Liability Insurance
- Commercial Insurance Products
- Why business consultants need E&O coverage
We’re here to help you find the BEST commercial insurance…
Our team of insurance brokers is available to help answer any and all questions you might have about all of our commercial insurance products. If you have a question about business insurance, are uncertain about what a particular insurance coverage term means, or simply want to find commercial insurance that directly aligns with your needs, don’t hesitate to call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448.
It’s time to get insurance value and choice aligned. Want Canadian business insurance that aligns with your bottom line? We can help. 365. Call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448 or click to Get a Quote!
We’re ALIGNED across Canada. The ALIGNED Insurance National Operations Centre in Cambridge, Ontario supports our Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver offices. Our industry peers consistently recognize us as one of Canada’s best insurance teams. 100% Canadian owned, we are super proud to be one of the fastest growing insurance brokerages in the country.
We deliver e-news you can use. Get practical business insurance insights in your inbox every month. 19,000+ people subscribe to our free ALIGNMENT Matters e-news. Just click the JOIN OUR DISTRIBUTION LIST button – at the bottom of our homepage – to get connected.
365 | Get ALIGNED. Every day, Canadian business leaders read our insurance insights. Find us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.