As a talent agency, your focus is on finding work for those actors, musicians, writers, athletes and other creative professionals you represent. In this competitive business, you shouldn’t have to worry about making sure your insurance coverage is adequate. At ALIGNED Insurance, that’s our job. We are here to cover the liability of your business so you can focus on running and growing your business.
We know that your time is taken up with promoting your talent to various potential clients, setting up auditions and meetings, and negotiating contracts. Whether you are a large, established talent agency looking for a new insurance package or a small boutique agency just starting out, ALIGNED Insurance is here to help.
Representing clients? Don’t take chances
Show business is a notoriously risky business, and that applies to talent agencies as well. Potential liability exists from several different areas, everything from disgruntled clients accusing you of failing to produce results to employee errors that lead to a missed opportunity for a client. The good news is you can protect your business – and take the guesswork out of insurance – by getting a comprehensive policy from ALIGNED.
What type of insurance does a talent agency need?
If your actor client holds you accountable for a missed opportunity for instance, either a part or not being called for an audition, contract negotiation breakdowns etc. they could sue. If a member of your team fails to catch something in a contract that ends up hurting your client, you could be liable. Talent agencies need professional liability insurance and general liability insurance so that lawsuits don’t threaten their entire operations.
Types of insurance
- Your talent agency should carry commercial general liability insurance that will cover you against liability claims against your business for libel, slander and false advertising, as well as for or bodily injury, property damage and personal injury.
- Professional Liability – this type of coverage protects you from allegations of finacial loss associated with the services,advice etc. you either did…or didn’t deliver.
- Property Insurance – this coverage will protect what your company owns or its physical assets, including buildings, office equipment and computers from a variety of perils.
- Cyber Insurance is also coverage you should consider as a talent agent. It protects against data breaches of client information, malware, and damages to third-party systems (i.e. data storage).
- Umbrella Insurance Coverage – you may also wish to consider commercial umbrella insurance in the event that a high claim exceeds your general liability coverage.
What types of liability situations can you run into as a talent agent?
The types of insurance listed above will help protect your talent agency against situations like these:
- A production company is seeking talent and you recommend one of your actors over another. The actor not recommended catches wind and brings a claim against your company for non-performance of contract and a missed financial opportunity.
- Your employee makes a mistake that causes your performer to show up at the wrong location for a promising audition. The performer brings a claim to recoup lost revenue.
- An athlete you represent slips and falls on her way into your office, causing her to miss several professional sports events. She starts a claim to recoup her lost wages.
ALIGNED Insurance can help protect your business from the liabilities commonly associated with running a talent agency so you can focus on what’s really important – your clients.
Get ALIGNED with the Right Talent Agency Insurance
for Your Business
We know that as a talent agency your big or small business tries to save money where it can. Our brokers are not just commercial insurance specialists, we’re advocates who work on your behalf to get you exactly the insurance coverage you need to protect your talent agency at rates you can afford. Contact an advocate today to discuss your talent agency insurance needs or get started now by getting a free quote online.
- Intact Entertainment Insurance Solutions
- Copyright Insurance And Business Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property 101
We’re here to help you find the BEST commercial insurance…
Our team of insurance brokers is available to help answer any and all questions you might have about all of our commercial insurance products. If you have a question about business insurance, are uncertain about what a particular insurance coverage term means, or simply want to find commercial insurance that directly aligns with your needs, don’t hesitate to call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448.
It’s time to get insurance value and choice aligned. Want Canadian business insurance that aligns with your bottom line? We can help. 365. Call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448 or click to Get a Quote!
We’re ALIGNED across Canada. The ALIGNED Insurance National Operations Centre in Cambridge, Ontario supports our Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver offices. Our industry peers consistently recognize us as one of Canada’s best insurance teams. 100% Canadian owned, we are super proud to be one of the fastest growing insurance brokerages in the country.
We deliver e-news you can use. Get practical business insurance insights in your inbox every month. 19,000+ people subscribe to our free ALIGNMENT Matters e-news. Just click the JOIN OUR DISTRIBUTION LIST button – at the bottom of our homepage – to get connected.
365 | Get ALIGNED. Every day, Canadian business leaders read our insurance insights. Find us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.