Roofing Contractor Insurance
From shingling to tiles to hot tar and asphalt, roofing is risky work that can easily result in injuries and damaged property. ALIGNED’s contractor and commercial insurance specialists can help protect you with affordable insurance solutions designed specifically for your roofing contracting company.
How Can Roofers Contractor Insurance Protect You?
The following are some of the coverages generally included in a roofing contractor insurance package:
Commercial General Liability Insurance
CGL insurance can provide coverage for medical expenses for injuries to third parties and property damage costs.
It can also cover legal expenses, settlements and awards for damages for lawsuits alleging:
- Personal injuries
- Property and other losses
- Libel and slander
- False advertising
- Other lawsuits alleging injury or losses due to your roofing products or services.
Example: A package of tiles falls off the roof and injures the homeowner or falls on their car, causing major damage to it.
Can cover your roofing contractor business for the costs of cleanup, repairs, bodily injuries to third parties, regulatory fines, legal defence costs and other costs for a sudden or gradual polluting event.
Example: An Improperly installed roof allows water to seep inside a structure leading to mold growth that can, or does, lead to illness and requires a complete gutting and rebuilding of the affected area.
Depending on whether you lease or own your workspace or work from a home office, our property insurance is customized to protect your building, roofing equipment, supplies and other business assets from perils like fires, flooding or theft.
We can also provide coverage for lost, stolen or damaged tools in transit or on the jobsite.
Commercial Auto Insurance / Commercial Vehicle Insurance
Necessary third party liability and physical damage coverage for vehicles used by you and/your employees.
We Provide Bonding for Roofing Contractors
To bid on public and high-profile commercial roofing contracts, and to help your roofing contracting company stand apart from the rest, you may also need to be bonded. Here are a few of the bonds we carry specific to roofing contractors:
- Roofer’s License Bond – required for licensing purposes; guarantees legal compliance and protects consumers.
- Contractor License Bond – required for some contractors to get licensed, contact us to find out if you need a contractor license bond.
- Bid Bond – used when a contractor bids on a contract; guarantees the roofing contractor’s ability to complete the contract.
- Performance Bond – guarantees the contract owner that the contract will be completed as specified either by the original roofing contractor or a subcontractor.
For more of our bond products and more information, our Types Of Commercial Surety Bonds In Canada page.
- Roofing Company Insurance – Protecting You From Risk
- Insurance For Restoration, Renovation, Remediation And Demolition Contractors
- Intact Contractors Insurance Coverage Explained
Get ALIGNED With Roofing Contractor Insurance Brokered by Commercial Insurance Specialists
Insuring businesses is all we do. We use our expertise in commercial insurance to get you complete roofing contractor insurance at the best rates from Canada’s top insurance companies.
Contact an ALIGNED advocate to get a free quote on roofing contractor insurance in minutes or get started right now by using our free online tool.