What is Public Liability Insurance?
Click Here For A Public Liability Insurance Quote
Call Us Toll Free at 1-866-287-0448
Public Liability Insurance protects against liability claims for bodily injury and property damage related to your premises, operations, products, completed operations as well as advertising and personal injury liability. A few examples:
- A customer slips in your retail store and breaks their hip.
- A contractor accidentally damages the building next to the one they are working on.
- A plumber installs a new toilet that leaks and damages the contents of the room below.
Why Is Public Liability Insurance So Important?
In all provinces except Quebec, common law establishes that business owners owe a duty of care to the public. Unfortunately, accidents happen and injured people or parties may allege that:
- A duty of care was owed
- That duty of care was breached
- Damages and/or injuries were incurred
If one or more of these situations apply, people, parties and/or their lawyers may allege that a business was negligent and is responsible for compensating them for their damages.
[Did you know?] A personal injury lawyer often works on a contingent basis and the injured party pays nothing up front. If the injured party receives an award or settlement from the organization alleged to be at fault, the personal injury lawyer receives payment.
What does Public Liability Insurance Typically Cover?
- Bodily Injury To Third Parties – Includes bodily harm, sickness, or disease, including resulting death that results from the operations of your business.
- Property Damage To Third Parties – Damage caused to property of others.
- Products Liability – The liability for bodily injury or property damage incurred by a merchant or manufacturer as a consequence of some defect in the product sold or manufactured.
- Completed Operations – Work of the insured that has been completed as called for in a contract, or work completed at a single job site under a contract involving multiple job sites, or work that has been put to its intended use.
- Tenants Legal Liability – Tenant accepts responsibility for damage they may cause to the building which they rent or lease from a landlord.
|ALIGNED Across Canada 100% Canadian owned, ALIGNED is a premiere insurance brokerage that serves more than 1,400 clients across the country. ALIGNED’s offices in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver are supported by a national operations centre in Cambridge, Ontario. Uniquely within the industry, ALIGNED creates, negotiates and delivers the best business insurance and risk management strategies/solutions to organizations like yours.|