Occurrence – What It Is
Occurrence is defined in a commercial general liability (CGL) coverage form, an accident, including continuous or repeated exposure to substantially the same general harmful conditions. General liability policies insure liability for bodily injury (BI) or property damage (PD) that is caused by an occurrence. See also accident.
What Does an Occurrence Based General Liability Insurance Policy Cover?
A standard occurrence based general liability insurance policy issued to business organizations to protect them against liability claims for bodily injury (BI) and property damage (PD) arising out of premises, operations, products and completed operations; and advertising and personal injury (PI) liability. The occurrence based general liability policy is also often called a “commercial” or “comprehensive” general liability policy.
Whether your company’s insurance policy is written on an occurrence or claims made basis is an important difference. Connect with an ALIGNED Advocate to find out more about the differences and how occurrence based policies function.
An ALIGNED Advocate can provide expert guidance about insurance and risk management best practices for your organization.
Talk to one of our advocates today about how we can help you secure the best products, services and insurance solutions for your business.
ALIGNED specializes in delivering insurance and risk management solutions exclusively to Canadian businesses. Through our 18 points of differentiation and expertise, we deliver unmatched value to our growing portfolio of clients from all industries that range from small to large organizations. We offer all of the following management liability products:
- Board Insurance / Directors and Officers (D&O) Insurance
- Employment Practices Liability (EPL) Insurance
- Fiduciary Liability Insurance
- Property Insurance – including Business Interruption & Extra Expense
- Machinery Breakdown / Boiler & Machinery Insurance
- Course of Construction (COC)
- Wrap-up Liability Insurance
- Commercial General Liability / CGL Insurance
- Pollution Liability Insurance
- Commercial Automobile & Fleet Insurance
- Umbrella Liability Insurance
- Cyber, Hacking & Privacy Liability Insurance
- Crime / Fidelity / Employee Theft Insurance
- Professional Liability / Errors & Omissions (E&O) Insurance
- Kidnap & Ransom Insurance
- Representations & Warranty Insurance
- Trade Credit
- Surety & Bonding
|ALIGNED Across Canada 100% Canadian owned, ALIGNED is a premiere insurance brokerage that serves more than 1,400 clients across the country. ALIGNED’s offices in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver are supported by a national operations centre in Cambridge, Ontario. Uniquely within the industry, ALIGNED creates, negotiates and delivers the best business insurance and risk management strategies/solutions to organizations like yours.|